Help support TMP


Assembling & Painting "Bob" the Dragon


Back to Workbench


Revision Log
14 July 2008page first published

Areas of Interest

Fantasy

Featured Hobby News Article


Featured Link


Top-Rated Ruleset

Dragon Rampant


Rating: gold star gold star gold star gold star gold star gold star gold star gold star gold star 


Featured Showcase Article

Epix Haven Walls

A first look at Epix Haven's new Walls set.


Featured Workbench Article

The Camera Never Lies?

Personal logo Editor in Chief Bill The Editor of TMP Fezian photographs the same figure, with different cameras and equipment.


Featured Profile Article

Legends Campaign: The Map

Personal logo Editor in Chief Bill The Editor of TMP Fezian shows the first step in creating a fantasy campaign using Warrior Heroes: Legends.


5,196 hits since 14 Jul 2008
©1994-2021 Bill Armintrout
Comments or corrections?

alizardincrimson2 Fezian of Snitty Snitty Bang Bang writes:

This is the story of a dragon from Epic Aberration Games.

Personal logo Editor in Chief Bill The Editor of TMP Fezian was kind enough to send him to me.

Having fallen into bad company, our poor hero - the dragon whom I will now call Bob - managed to, eventually, pass out at Mardi Gras and get spray-painted interesting colors. Bedecked in glow-in-the-dark necklaces, he staggered... er...was shipped back to His Awesomeness, Personal logo Editor in Chief Bill The Editor of TMP Fezian.

But that's the end of the story. It started this way:

With a box...

...with dragon bits in it...

Dragon bits

...ooooo... dragon bits!

Pleasantly little flashing to deal with.

Unlike most multi-piece dragons, Bob had what looked to be more stable attachments - really long posts and well-fitting slots. And just stop that, you people! In at least one case, there were 2 post/slots for a joint.

Theoretically, I should not have had to do any pinning at all.

But I did.

"Hmmmmmmm," Bob thought. "I fit together well..."

Assembled dragon

"... but my sculpting make me look like a crappy action figure!"

Here's an example:

Dragon joint

I thought this was a harsh assessment. But, alas, accurate.

Out came the greenstuff.

Among the many repairs, I fixed that joint.

That joint

Behave! That isn't a dragon dangly bit! It's the post for attaching him to his stand.

Yeesh, you people.

At this point, my computer and most of my pictures were consumed by a giant snorffling crash.

Pics you can't see:

  • more greenstuff to fill joints
  • more greenstuff poorly sculpted over the filled joints
  • thumb into at least one of the filled, sculpted and not yet dry joints

Repeat ad nauseam. (Eemphasis on the nausea.)

And then:

  • primer (brush on white)
  • found mold lines
  • re-prime