Help support TMP

Battlefront's BA-6 Armored Car

Product #
Suggested Retail Price
$8 USD

Back to Workbench

Revision Log
5 September 2006page first published

Areas of Interest

World War Two on the Land

Featured Hobby News Article

Featured Link

Top-Rated Ruleset


Rating: gold star gold star gold star gold star gold star gold star gold star 

Featured Showcase Article

GF9 Fire and Explosion Markers

Looking for a way to mark explosions or fire?

Featured Workbench Article

Beowulf Paints 15mm Peter Pig Soviet MG Teams

Beowulf Fezian proves that you don't need to be a master painter or invest hundreds of hours working to get good results.

Current Poll

Featured Book Review

8,874 hits since 5 Sep 2006
©1994-2021 Bill Armintrout
Comments or corrections?

DontFearDareaper Fezian of Lone Star Historical Miniatures writes:

Editor in Chief Bill sent me five Battlefront Russian BA-6 armored cars to paint up. These models have resin hulls and turrets, with metal tracks and accessories. (For more information, see our previous Showcase article.)

Before Editor in Chief Bill sent me the figures, he reported that one of the fenders was mis-cast. When I received the models, the one with the mis-cast fender was in a plastic bag (the others were in the original packaging). In addition to the fender, that particular model was also short one hatch. This may or may not have been Battlefront's deal, as this is a very small part and Bill might have misplaced it, it could have come out of the package during mailing... or it's possible that I lost it taking it out of the package!

Of course, with this being a Russian vehicle, it would have been perfectly historical to leave the fender broken and just drybrush a little rust on it - but I decided to go ahead and fix it. The missing hatch was easily replaced by cutting a new hatch out of plasticard. To repair the fender, I used some plastic model kit green putty (made by Squadron) and one of my sculpting tools. It took a little time to get the putty where I wanted it, but once that was done and I brushed out the rough spots with some fine sandpaper, the model was just fine.

Tools and repaired hull
Repaired fender