Help support TMP

Slopping on the Grass Slime

Scrub Grass Blend (64 oz)
Product #
Suggested Retail Price
$12.98 USD

Product #
Suggested Retail Price
$6.98 USD


Back to Workbench

Revision Log
4 February 2008page first published

Areas of Interest


Featured Hobby News Article

Featured Link

Top-Rated Ruleset


Rating: gold star gold star gold star gold star gold star gold star gold star gold star gold star 

Featured Showcase Article

Epix Haven Walls

A first look at Epix Haven's new Walls set.

Featured Workbench Article

Painting Lions

Continuing our 'animals' theme, Stronty Girl Fezian tackles a pair of lionesses.

Featured Profile Article

Legends Campaign: The Map

Personal logo Editor in Chief Bill The Editor of TMP Fezian shows the first step in creating a fantasy campaign using Warrior Heroes: Legends.

Current Poll

4,466 hits since 4 Feb 2008
©1994-2021 Bill Armintrout
Comments or corrections?

According to what I'd read on the website, to get started I just needed to coat the terrain tiles with the appropriate glue, then apply the flock.

And from what I'd read, the recommended glue was something called Grass Slime:

Grass Slime
A latex, aggressive hi-tack glue.

Although the manufacturer of the stuff - Noch - seems to have had a change of mind about the name: mine arrived with the same product number, but labeled "Graskleber (Grass Glue)."

The instructions were entirely in German, so I referred back to the website and learned that I just needed to brush the glue on.

Ready to slime

So I put a tarp down (since flock is notorious for getting everywhere), laid down one terrain tile, and prepared flock, glue, and a disposable brush.

Flock, glue and brush

The glue container has a screw-off lid, and a pull-out lid under that. The glue itself looks (and smells) just like a batch of watered-down white glue - but is supposed to be "stickier" and stay sticky longer.

So I dipped my brush in the glue, and brushed it on to the tile. I didn't know how thick to put it on, so I just brushed the glue on (and around) until it was the same thickness all over.


I then flocked the board in my traditional, time-tested manner - I dumped a big heap of flock on top of it, and pressed down to make sure it adhered to the glue. The excess flock was then shaken off and put back in the container.

But for the second terrain tile, I had special plans...