Help support TMP


1 - Prepping the S-Types


GAMILON: S-Type Battleship
Product #
2003
Manufacturer
Suggested Retail Price
US$9.95


Back to "S" STANDS FOR "BATTLESHIP"

Back to Workbench


Revision Log
6 March 2000page split off
17 November 1998page first published

Areas of Interest

Science Fiction

Featured Hobby News Article


Featured Link


Featured Showcase Article

NeoSovs in 6mm

Personal logo Editor in Chief Bill The Editor of TMP Fezian shows no self-restraint and paints models he doesn't even need yet!


Featured Workbench Article

"Tentacles Away!" with Flex-Sculpy

Personal logo Dances With Words Supporting Member of TMP Fezian experiments with better tentacle material...


Featured Profile Article

First Look: Modiphius' Institute Synths

Personal logo Editor in Chief Bill The Editor of TMP Fezian looks at another boxed set of cyborgs.


Featured Book Review


4,187 hits since 20 Mar 2000
©1994-2022 Bill Armintrout
Comments or corrections?


TMP logo

Membership

Please sign in to your membership account, or, if you are not yet a member, please sign up for your free membership account.

I began by prepping the ships for priming. As the photo indicates, the fins needed some attention - most were bent, and needed some shaping (with a file, and careful bending) so that all of the ships looked identical. There were also seams at the rear of the ships which needed filing down. (At the very rear of the ships, the seam enters the "engine nozzles" - this was a difficult area to file, so I left the seams alone here.)

I also used a pin vise to drill a hole in the bottoms, so that the ships would sit on the flight stands. There was a "register hole" next to one of the ventral turrets, small enough to not be noticed if left as was, but marking the right spot to drill. On the first ship, the hole I drilled started to get off so that the aft of the ship rode lower than the bow - I thought that looked cool, so I did all of them that way.

The parts (shown double actual size)

Then I washed the ships to remove any residue, let them dry, and primed them with a coat of flat white spray enamel. I left the metal pieces off for now, being concerned that they would be too fragile.