| Brief Description|| |
Expands the game to cover the U.S. 8th Air Force's daylight strategic bombing campaign
over Europe (1942-44). Includes rules for air-to-air rockets,
strategic bombing (pattern and precision), and heavy bombers (including optional
crew rules). Bibliography provided.
There are seven scenarios (as well as notes on creating your own):
- Where There's Smoke (June 11, 1943)
- Germans use smoke defense against American attack on the sub pens at Wilhelmshaven.
Six B-17F's vs. four FW-190A-3's, flak, and smoke. Solitaire scenario.
- First Blood (August 17, 1942)
- VIII Bomber Command's first mission of the war - a twelve plane raid, assisted by
a 6-plane decoy mission. Eighteen B-17's vs. two Me-110G2's, two FW-190A3's, and four
- Hamm - and Exit! (March 5, 1943)
- After VIII Bomber Command's second Ruhr raid, the Germans intercept the withdrawing bombers.
Special surrender rules apply. Fourteen B-17F's and two P-47B's vs. two Me-410A's,
two Me-210A's, four FW-190A-3's, and two Me-110G-2's.
- Striking the Reich (January 27, 1943)
- VIII Bomber Command's initial daylight raid over Germany. Twelve B-17F's vs.
two Me-110G-2's, two FW-190A-3's, and four Me-109G-6's. Clouds, rookie German pilots.
- von Schnauze auf Schnauze (March 8th, 1943)
- First B-24 raid of VIII Bomber Command. Nine B-24D's escorted by nine Spitfire VB's
(flying high cover) vs. sixteen FW-190A-3's.
- Enter the Thunderbolts (April 15, 1943)
- Fighter sweep pitting eight P-47B Thunderbolts against eight FW-190A-3's.
- A Muenster of a Raid! (October 10, 1943)
- American bomber formations, left unescorted due to weather problems in England,
are being slaughtered by German interceptors - but at last, Allied fighters arrive.
Sixteen P-47B Thunderbolts protect ten B-17F's vs. eight FW-190A-3's, four Me-109G-6's,
two Me-110G-2's, and two Me-410A's.
There is also a Campaign Game, in which a series of unscripted missions
represent the course of the strategic air campaign. There are two versions - the
Full Campaign, which covers 30 campaign turns and multiple missions per turn;
and the Fast Campaign, which limits itself to 20 campaign turns and one mission
Data is provided for 22 Allied and 18 German aircraft
|P-38F Lightning||A-20C Havoc|
|P-38J Lightning||B-17E Fortress|
|P-47B Razorback||B-17F Fortress|
|P-47D Thunderbolt||B-17G Fortress|
|P-51B Mustang||YB-40 Fortress|
|P-51D Mustang||B-24D Liberator|
|Spitfire VB||B-24J Liberator|
|Spitfire IX||B-25C Mitchell|
|ME-109G-6 Gustav||HE-177A-5 Greif|
|ME-109G-6/R2 Gustav||DO-335 Pfeil|