Rules for gaming ancient battles of the rise and fall of the Roman empire
Total Votes: 2
The Die is Cast features:
– Publisher's website
- Simultaneous play with both players moving, shooting and fighting at the same time.
- Rules can be used with any scale of figures or basing system.
- Combat system uses D12's, with one roll needed to work out the casualties. No; to hit, to wound, to save needed.
- Commanders of different levels of ability.
- Three different styles of melee; infantry vs infantry, cavalry vs cavalry, cavalry vs infantry.
Originally published as Alea Iacta Est in 1992.
Second edition published 1995.
Currently on third edition, which is version 5.3 June 2013.