The Age of Gunpowder
The Age of Gunpowder is a fun, fast play rules set that takes about two hours to play and allows the historical gamer to fight battles in every corner of the globe. Complete army lists are included that cover all major and many minor combatants in this fascinating period. Be Cortes, Charles V, Cromwell, Moctezuma, Hideyoshi, Suleiman, or Gustavus Adolphus and stake your claim to the world!
The Age of Gunpowder offers the player of historical wargames the following:
– catalog listing
- Fun, fast play rules for gaming in the age of discovery, 1500 - 1700AD.
- Army lists for French, Holy Roman Empire, Polish, Turkish, Samurai, Ming Chinese, Aztec, Swedish, Royalist, Parliamentarian, and Conquistador armies.
- Rules allowing for playing:
- The English Civil War
- The Thirty Years War
- The religious wars in France and Northern Europe
- The Japanese wars of unification
- The Japanese invasion of Korea
- The Ottoman invasion of Europe
- The European conquest of the New World
- Inexpensive, easily painted armies (around 125 figures per army)
- 50-year rule segments that comprehend the changing roles of pike and musket infantry.
- A simplified, easy to learn movement system.
- A combat system that portrays the interaction of pike and musket during the period.
- Minimal equipment required to play: one six sided die (d6) per side, one ten sided die (d10) per side, a tape measure, and your armies.
- Chip Harrison
- Chipco Games
- Year Published
- Out of Print
Simplified basing - all bases are 1.5" square.
– catalog listing
Back to RULES DIRECTORY
Areas of InterestRenaissance
Featured Hobby News Article
Featured Showcase Article
The Acolyte Vampires return - based, now, and ready for the game table.
Featured Workbench Article
Featured Profile Article
For the time being, the last in our series of articles on the gates of Old Jerusalem.
Fast Play Miniature Wargame Rules for the Period 1500-1700