- Can a unit in Square formation charge, even though it receives no Charge Bonus?
- How are Indian units based?
- What formations are Indian units permitted?
- Can cavalry form square?
- Is return fire (pg. 12) considered simultaneous with the original fire, or is damage
from the original fire suffered first?
- Which comes first when a unit is hit -- return fire, or morale check? In other words,
must it pass its morale check in order to return fire? Or does it take return fire, then
handle the morale check?
- The Phase Card rules seem to imply that each player must have a leader stand in play.
Is this true?
- No range modifiers are listed for artillery combat. Is this correct?
- How does the Artillery Hit Table work? Are the numbers the hits scored during the
attack, or is the player supposed to roll 2 dice? If the player rolls dice, is only one
roll made, or is it one roll per hit?
- On the Artillery Hit Table, what is the effect of a gun hit? Is the artillery stand
removed from play? Or is "one gun" somehow subtracted from the stand?
- What happens if an artillery stand becomes involved in melee combat?
- What happens to a charging unit if its target breaks morale and runs away? May the
charging unit still attack, if the enemy is in range? What if the enemy runs out of
charge movement rate range of the attacker?
- The Morale Failure Tables include the result "rout." This is not explained in the
Morale rules, but I infer from pg. 12 that a routing unit faces away from the enemy,
changes to Mass formation, and makes a full move away from the enemy. Is this correct?
- The Morale Failure Tables include the result "retreat." This is not explained in the
- The Morale Failure Tables indicate that units may become Disordered for 2 turns. Is
this the same as placing two Disorder markers on the unit?
- The rules on pg. 24 make it sound as if only Broken troops will kill a leader on a
bad rally result, but the rules on pg. 25 indicate both Shaken and Broken troops can do
it. Which is correct?
- On page 12, the second item under "Actions Allowed by a Non-Active Unit In A Phase":
does this apply only to the target of the charge, or may any unit fire on a charging unit
in its fire zone?
- Under "Charges," paragraph 9, "...able to bring fire to bear..." Does this mean any
unit in firing range, or is fire zone considered?
- In "Victory Points" on pg. 28, it refers to points for "routed units" and "Broken
units." What is the difference? What about Shaken troops?
- In the Camden scenario, does Armand's Legion include both light cavalry and line
infantry, or is a unit name missing?
- The army listings do not indicate which troop types have rifles, or which cavalry
types have muskets.
- Do units also suffer morale penalties for failing a Morale Check? For instance, when
attempting to stop firing? Or during a Fire and Move Action, before Moving?
- Is Mass formation used only by Broken units, or may any unit try that formation?