Links - Historical Reference
Links is the part of the website where we give out links to other
websites of interest to our readers.
Back to Links homepage
- U.S. Army's CMH Series and Collections - U.S. Army online resources, including the WWII "green books" and the official historical works on Korea and Viet Nam.
- Nafziger Collection of Orders of Battle - The Nafziger Collection contains orders of battle from 1600 to 1945 with over 7,000 individual pdf files. It began with the author's interest in Napoleonic Wars, and steadily grew to other areas because of the gaming public's interest in these highly detailed historical orders of battle. Sources range from published works to actual archival documents, which represent the largest single source. Nearly all orders of battle break down to the regimental level. The availability of strength figures and artillery equipment varies from period to period.
- U.S. Navy's Naval History and Heritage - Publications - U.S. Navy online resources, including official historical works.
- Panzermuseum - Official site of the Deutsches Panzermuseum Munster, one of the premier armor museums in the world, as well as a resource for captured German war records found at the U.S. National Archives. The museum shows the development of Germany's armored troops from 1917 to the present with displays of vehicles, weapons, equipment, uniforms, documents and medals. The museum's exhibits cover all branches of the German armored corps: tanks, mechanized infantry, armored reconnaissance, anti-tank, self-propelled artillery, and armored engineers.
- Uniformology - Commercial site providing military uniform information. Covers late 15th Century through WWI.
- Rokats' United States Army Insignia Home Page - Guide to U.S. Army insignia.
- U.S. Marine Corps' United States Marines - Historical Publications - U.S. Marine Corps online resources, including official historical works.