Help support TMP

"Prices for old Citadel & Ral Partha figures" Topic

11 Posts

All members in good standing are free to post here. Opinions expressed here are solely those of the posters, and have not been cleared with nor are they endorsed by The Miniatures Page.

For more information, see the TMP FAQ.

Back to the American Wargaming Message Board

Back to the SF Discussion Message Board

Back to the British Wargaming Message Board

Back to the Fantasy Discussion Message Board

3,298 hits since 3 Dec 2006
©1994-2014 Bill Armintrout
Comments or corrections?

overlord awc Inactive Member03 Dec 2006 2:23 p.m. PST

I was having a bit of a clearout and found a load of old Citadel and Ral Partha figures.

Does anyone know where I might be able to find out how much they are worth? I have looked at "The Stuff of Legends" site (http://www.solegends.com/maingallery.htm) but can't find many of the figures I have.

The Ral Partha figures are assorted adventurer types, stamped (1979) under the base but have no other identifying marks.

The Citadel fantasy figures are all early 1980's pre-slotta. Some have AP or MP (Perrys) on the base then 36- (various numbers). Others are stamped Games Workshop 1984 but without any other code. Some have no obvious markings but were all bought around the same time and are very likely to be Citadel.

They have been hidden away for 20 years or so and I would like to sell them (Ebay most likely), but would like to have some idea of their approximate worth.

Any help would be gratefully received. Cheers.

major blunder Inactive Member03 Dec 2006 2:31 p.m. PST

Well, depends on the bidder really, but I have have seen single figs go for 7-10 pounds or more. Not bad considering the original price. I would say you could expect at least 2 pounds a piece and could get a get deal more. Offer singly for best results. There's usually a few out at any given time, hwy not watch a few auctions and seen how they go?

Personal logo chicklewis Supporting Member of TMP03 Dec 2006 4:14 p.m. PST

They will probably sell fine on ebay, and you don't really need to know their market value in advance. Ebay will tell you their exact market value when your auctions close.

TankGuy Inactive Member03 Dec 2006 10:46 p.m. PST

Same question actually, but on RAL PARTHA Star Wars figures from 1977 (painted) and original BATTLETECH models including the Forbidden 12?

Check eBay?

TG

GypsyComet03 Dec 2006 11:30 p.m. PST

The Battletech "unseen" can go for a fair penny.

Ral Partha didn't do Star Wars, though their later "art pewter" division may have done some which would bear the *Star Wars* trademark date. In '77 the only folks who might have been doing Star Wars were actually doing "not Star Wars", and that was Archive, the origin of those bunny-eared Stormtroopers…

Typhoon Inactive Member03 Dec 2006 11:53 p.m. PST

If there any Battletech Unseen in the mix then most will go for about $15-20, the Marauder/Macross Officer's Pod will fetch $20 USD to $30, the Mac 2/Monster version will go for almost anything over $50 USD (I've seen it as high as $200 USD for a well painted one and as low as $60). Prices for older Battletech stuff is down right now compared to a few years ago when you could easily double most of the above prices except the Mac 2/Monster/Behemoth which hasn't gone down all that much.

The other RP lines are hit and miss from what I can tell. If you intend to ebay them you might wait until the new year sometimes the market surges in mid-January. Make sure you add pictures to the auction.

runs with scissors04 Dec 2006 2:20 a.m. PST

The Citadels tend to fetch more than the Ral Parthas (RP kept a lot of their figures in production for a looong time, and they don't have the same appeal for the GW fanboys). Other than that it very much depends what you've got – I'd say the amounts quoted above are on the high side. It'd be worth posting a listing or a link to pictures on this forum – I'm sure folks would be happy to help identify your figures and might be interested in buying some.

Howard Treesong Inactive Member04 Dec 2006 11:33 a.m. PST

I sold a single Exo Armour Space Marine for £25.00 GBP recently on Ebay. God that was a good day because I was so short of money I didn't know if we'd have food for the following weeks.

Maimed Inactive Member11 Dec 2006 11:52 a.m. PST

Zecharia Sitchin has it all figured out. Read "the 12th Planet." Enjoy.

religon Inactive Member11 Dec 2006 3:15 p.m. PST

Likely to sell the true 25mm Ral Parthas for about $1 USD to $1.50 USD ea. if they are mostly fighter-types with hand weapons. Archers go a bit more.

CItadel tend to go for about $1.75 USD to $3.50 USD ea., but some of the more collectible ones used by Warhammer Fantasy Battles can exceed $5.00 USD ea.

A reasonable paintjob can help the Ral Partha's but rarely the Citadels.

(I own a BattleTech Behemoth. I bought from an Australian eBayer with a good exchange rate and paid about $75 USD two years ago.)

Supercilius Maximus16 Dec 2006 9:57 a.m. PST

What about Citadel Ninja (designed by the Perrys, I think)?

Sorry - only trusted members can post on the forums.