Help support TMP

"40mm Missionary Ridge Game" Topic

14 Posts

All members in good standing are free to post here. Opinions expressed here are solely those of the posters, and have not been cleared with nor are they endorsed by The Miniatures Page.

Please don't call someone a Nazi unless they really are a Nazi.

For more information, see the TMP FAQ.

Back to the ACW Battle Reports Message Board

Areas of Interest

American Civil War

Featured Hobby News Article

Featured Recent Link

Top-Rated Ruleset

One-Hour Skirmish Wargames

Rating: gold star gold star gold star gold star gold star gold star gold star 

Featured Showcase Article

1:72nd IMEX Union Artillery

Personal logo Editor in Chief Bill The Editor of TMP Fezian adds artillery to his soft-plastic Union forces.

Featured Workbench Article

Featured Book Review

373 hits since 22 Sep 2022
©1994-2022 Bill Armintrout
Comments or corrections?

hayesncsu Supporting Member of TMP22 Sep 2022 7:08 p.m. PST

I ran this game last weekend at the Triangle Simulation Society's Southern Front convention. It represents the attack on 25 November 1863 on Tunnel Hill at the north end of Missionary Ridge.

I used the Pickett's Charge rules from Reisswitz Press.

Both sides had 3 brigades with the Confederates on Tunnel Hill being veterans but under strength.

The Union were slow to get started with their right flank failing to follow orders for a couple of turns. However they ended up getting going in the fight was back and forth. The Union did break through the Confederate breastworks But a counterattack quickly ended the threat

The game ended with a Confederate victory.

hayesncsu Supporting Member of TMP22 Sep 2022 7:14 p.m. PST

79thPA Supporting Member of TMP23 Sep 2022 6:28 a.m. PST

Well done, sir.

Michael May23 Sep 2022 7:40 a.m. PST

Wow, that looks good! Mind if I ask where the 40mm ACW figures came from?

sma194123 Sep 2022 8:29 a.m. PST

Good looking game and miniatures.

IronDuke596 Supporting Member of TMP23 Sep 2022 9:34 a.m. PST

Superb figures but the terrain is outstanding. I am assuming that is a terrain mat (what Brand is it?) and you have blended additional terrain features like grain fields, vegetable fields and underbrush and rocks etc. seamlessly. The total effect is excellent!

Swampking23 Sep 2022 9:55 a.m. PST

Great job, Hayes! Those have to be Sash and Saber minis, right?

Shagnasty Supporting Member of TMP23 Sep 2022 10:29 a.m. PST

Very nice! it is good to see someone else who likes the look of smoke in a black powder setting.

hayesncsu Supporting Member of TMP23 Sep 2022 1:51 p.m. PST

Thanks a lot everyone!

Yes figures are mostly Sash and Saber. These are absolutely gorgeous and in my opinion the best 40mm Civil War. I have purchased some other paint units so I cannot say for sure what the figures are.

I custom painted the mat. It is a fleece blanket that I used acrylic and tempera paint on. It was a fun project and I actually was able to have our nine and five year-old boys help.

Thanks again for the kind words.

cavcrazy23 Sep 2022 7:45 p.m. PST

Now that's a world class game. Beautiful figures and amazing terrain. Inspirational.

C M DODSON24 Sep 2022 7:39 a.m. PST

Excellent terrain, especially as this is a war game scenario.

The troops are lovely and the photography shows off the hard work to perfection.

Best wishes,

Chris

Personal logo FlyXwire Supporting Member of TMP26 Sep 2022 4:10 a.m. PST

Inspiring!

The scale of the beautiful terrain looks so good with your 40mm units. On top of that, it's all a travelling setup too.

Some real thought and skillful execution went into bringing this off – thanks hayesncsu for posting this here for us to enjoy.

hayesncsu Supporting Member of TMP26 Sep 2022 3:42 p.m. PST

Thanks a lot!

Hayes Wauford

huron725 Supporting Member of TMP28 Sep 2022 9:21 a.m. PST

Wow Fantastic! Love the 40's.

Sorry - only verified members can post on the forums.