Help support TMP

"Borodino 2022 at Penn Harris, September 9 and 10" Topic

13 Posts

All members in good standing are free to post here. Opinions expressed here are solely those of the posters, and have not been cleared with nor are they endorsed by The Miniatures Page.

Please be courteous toward your fellow TMP members.

For more information, see the TMP FAQ.

Back to the Conventions and Wargame Shows Message Board

Back to the Computer Moderated Rules Message Board

Back to the Napoleonic Discussion Message Board

Areas of Interest

General
Napoleonic

Featured Hobby News Article

Featured Link

Featured Ruleset

Wonder

Rating: gold star 

Featured Showcase Article

GallopingJack Checks Out The Terrain Mat

Mal Wright Fezian goes to sea with the Terrain Mat.

Featured Workbench Article

Basing with DryDex Spackling

Using pink stuff for basework.

Featured Profile Article

Gwen's Brother-in-Law Comes Home

Thanks in part to your donations, Personal logo Editor Gwen The Editor of TMP's brother-in-law has been able to leave the hospital after his cancer operation.

Current Poll

686 hits since 5 Aug 2022
©1994-2022 Bill Armintrout
Comments or corrections?

carnot05 Aug 2022 7:44 a.m. PST

picture

On September 9 and 10, 2020 30 or more wargamers will assemble at the Penn Harris hotel, former home to Historicon, to commemorate the Battle of Borodino, fighting the battle on three separate table featuring custom terrain, in 28mm using the Carnage and Glory Computer Moderated rules system.

This event is just another in a series of similar games we've organized around both Waterloo and Borodino. This link will take you to a page that includes a summary, complete with pictures, of our past efforts.

link

Details of the 2022 Borodino game can be found here.

link

Over the next several weeks we'll provide more specific information on the event, focusing on the details of the three battlefield around the Redoubts, the Fleches and the village of Utitsa. After the event we'll provide a complete AAR.

14Bore05 Aug 2022 9:28 a.m. PST

Please do keep us informed. Spectators?
any live feed?

HMS Exeter05 Aug 2022 11:23 a.m. PST

Make sure Little Wars TV gets an invite.

carnot05 Aug 2022 12:34 p.m. PST

There will be a steady stream of information both prior to and after the event. No live feed but we will be recording and posting a video. Spectators are welcome.

Little Wars TV was notified about the event but to date has expressed no interest in attending.

Frankly I was more than a little disappointed at the Little Wars coverage of Historicon…12 minutes for the largest historical miniatures convention…it appeared they only filmed part of Friday and Saturday but even then there was far more content than 12 minutes.

14Bore05 Aug 2022 2:07 p.m. PST

It's over hour drive but would be a sight to see

Personal logo Old Contemptible Supporting Member of TMP05 Aug 2022 9:23 p.m. PST

Really neat. But in 28mm. It should look spectacular. Wouldn't it have been better in 15mm so you can fit more of the battle in and still look great. I wouldn't go smaller that 15mm though.

carnot06 Aug 2022 6:17 a.m. PST

15mm would certainly allow for less tables to cover a similar area but our collections are all 28mm. We've been doing these large battles since Borodino 2002 at Fort Monroe and through trial and error have learned enough to help minimize the impacts of the separate tables.

Next week I'll post the table layout so you can see how we've arranged the battlefield.

6mmACW08 Aug 2022 11:07 a.m. PST

Sorry to disappoint you with our Historicon 2022 coverage on Little Wars TV. We were there four days, but our convention recaps are always brief--highlights and a quick overview. Though at 17 minutes, this was the longest recap we'd ever done for any convention over the last four years.

carnot08 Aug 2022 5:48 p.m. PST

Then I guess I have a problem with your "format". As far as "highlights"there were plenty of games that were worthy of being included as a convention highlight that didn't make it into the 17 minutes. Of course that's an editorial decision.

I think you could have saved the games you ran for a separate video. My point of comparison to your video is to the various video's that were posted on Partizan and other English conventions, which had far fewer games than Historicon. They were longer and provided more detailed looks at the games.

HMS Exeter08 Aug 2022 8:46 p.m. PST

Now I'm sorry I brought it up.

Ouchy

carnot09 Aug 2022 7:46 a.m. PST

HMS Exeter, no I'm glad you mentioned it…I guess I'm still waiting to hear whether they are going to attend or not.

Grumble8710609 Aug 2022 8:49 p.m. PST

Now I'm sorry I brought it up.

Ouchy

Did you mean to write Grouchy? (as in Emmanuel de _____) evil grin

HMS Exeter11 Aug 2022 2:28 p.m. PST

No, it was "ouchy," as in, it rhymes with "Fauci."

Sorry - only verified members can post on the forums.