Help support TMP

"RIP SFC Heath Robinson" Topic

8 Posts

All members in good standing are free to post here. Opinions expressed here are solely those of the posters, and have not been cleared with nor are they endorsed by The Miniatures Page.

In order to respect possible copyright issues, when quoting from a book or article, please quote no more than three paragraphs.

For more information, see the TMP FAQ.

Back to the Ultramodern Warfare (2012-present) Message Board

Areas of Interest

Modern

Featured Hobby News Article

Featured Link

Featured Ruleset

Featured Showcase Article

Return of The Brigadier

More photographs of The Brigadier and his men.

Featured Profile Article

Featured Movie Review

518 hits since 3 Aug 2022
©1994-2022 Bill Armintrout
Comments or corrections?

TMP logo

Membership

Please sign in to your membership account, or, if you are not yet a member, please sign up for your free membership account.
Tortorella Supporting Member of TMP03 Aug 2022 10:09 a.m. PST

…and all the others who may have passed from burn pit exposure.

The new Bill is finally passed, named for Robinson, and there is new help for this for who served and were affected.

Personal logo Murphy Sponsoring Member of TMP03 Aug 2022 10:11 a.m. PST

Now if we can just get them to acknowledge and support those with Gulf War Syndrome.

Tortorella Supporting Member of TMP03 Aug 2022 8:13 p.m. PST

Expose to multiple hazards, especially gas. Some guys were more genetically susceptible to Sarin, it was found earlier this year – 30 years later, new technology.

Tortorella Supporting Member of TMP03 Aug 2022 8:14 p.m. PST

Oh…And my bringing up the bill is not about politics.

This is personal for many people/families and there is a lot of relief that it has passed. Like the 9/11 responders – you have to make these things right and forget about gamesmanship.

Dn Jackson Supporting Member of TMP03 Aug 2022 8:27 p.m. PST

I need to register for the burn pit registry, and Camp Lejuene, and Gulf War gas.

I tried to do it on line a couple of years ago but after an hour on the VA website I had a password with 45 characters and still hadn't found my way in. It was too Byzantine for me. I gave up. I went to the VA 20+ years ago and the doctor agreed that I'd probably been gassed based on my symptoms, but the government still wouldn't accept it.

Tortorella Supporting Member of TMP03 Aug 2022 8:39 p.m. PST

Call your Congressman's office…never been a better time, Dn. Tell them you had trouble accessing it. Ask if they can connect you to a person. Good luck!

Legion 404 Aug 2022 2:01 p.m. PST

One of the more stupid thing the US military has done to itself since Agent Orange.

What were the PLT SGTs, PLT Ldrs, 1SGs, and Co. Cdrs doing while this was going on ?

Were the troops wearing Pro-Masks ?

Or would that make a difference ?

BTW … In the desert or tropics a Pro-Mask is beyond uncomfortable …

Our elected & appointed leadership(?) should be embarrassed[if they even can be ?] that Vet Organizations, a Hollywood comedian, etc., has to force our leaders to do their job. And take care of this, like will 9/11 First Responders, etc.

But they are too busy taking care of themselves to take care of "we the people". Plus now these sort of Bleeped text ups have to compete with the Green Agenda/cultists …

Tortorella Supporting Member of TMP04 Aug 2022 3:30 p.m. PST

Stewart is a New Yorker through and through, he left front line show biz more or less three years ago to take on veterans' causes.

His work is a reminder that it really is government by the people. Government for the people only works if you can shame the politicos enough to threaten their jobs.

There is plenty of expertise to tap into re managing refuse materials correctly instead of burning them in a pit like it's the 14 century. Maybe nobody wanted to be called a snowflake for pointing this out.

As for chemical weapons exposure, these issues go back to Vietnam. Or a lot further maybe. It's been either cynical or ignorant procedures, neither one an acceptable answer. I would like to think this has been addressed.

And this has serious impact on recruiting at a time when we need to find good candidates. Somebody in the Army has some serious work to do. And the other branches.

Sorry - only verified members can post on the forums.