Help support TMP

"The Pledge June 2021" Topic

11 Posts

All members in good standing are free to post here. Opinions expressed here are solely those of the posters, and have not been cleared with nor are they endorsed by The Miniatures Page.

Please do not post offers to buy and sell on the main forum.

For more information, see the TMP FAQ.

Back to the Historical Wargaming in General Message Board

Back to the Painting Message Board

Areas of Interest

General

Featured Hobby News Article

Featured Recent Link

Featured Showcase Article

Heroscape: Road to the Forgotten Forest

It's a terrain expansion for Heroscape, but will non-Heroscape gamers be attracted by the trees?

Featured Profile Article

Gwen's Brother-in-Law Comes Home

Thanks in part to your donations, Personal logo Editor Gwen The Editor of TMP's brother-in-law has been able to leave the hospital after his cancer operation.

397 hits since 2 Jul 2021
©1994-2021 Bill Armintrout
Comments or corrections?

FusilierDan02 Jul 2021 4:21 a.m. PST

Last months link TMP link

A steady month. I switched from painting ACW not because I was done but a little bored with all the blue and grey. Warring States are now the new project. I've also enjoyed working on a single specialty figure to be a good way to get them done and not seem like a chore.

bought 0
painted 31, ACW Infantry 28mm 12, Warring States Infantry 28mm 12, Buffalo cart for Vietnam 28mm 1, Bomshell Babes 28mm 2, Various NPC 28mm 4.

YTD
bought 160
painted 262
net +102

Personal logo Stosstruppen Supporting Member of TMP02 Jul 2021 5:08 a.m. PST

Been a really good month overall. Kept the purchases down though my/ Byzantine KS came in at the beginning of the month. So here are the numbers.

Bought

97 28mm Byzantines
5 28mm British WW2

Painted

60 15mm Ptolemaics
220 15mm SYW French and Saxons
11 28mm Landsknechts

Totals
Bought 102
Painted 291
This month +189
YTD +39

Yay! I'm back in the positive. Plan on staying there!

Frederick Supporting Member of TMP02 Jul 2021 6:27 a.m. PST

Bought exactly nothing

Finished off three Tau Crisis Suits and 6 Eureka Toy Town light cavalry plus a scratch built hut

ecaminis Supporting Member of TMP02 Jul 2021 10:23 a.m. PST

Not too bad considering I been painting more for other people than myself.

Bought = 60
painted= 36
for the month= -24
for the year=+239
strting to run out of 28mm Napoleonics, have to start on another pile

Personal logo Grelber Supporting Member of TMP02 Jul 2021 11:16 a.m. PST

I painted 22 figures in June: 18 bashi-bazouks, 2 Vikings, a pulp figure, and an Arab merchant.

On the other side, I received an order with 60 figures, of which 24 were a box of plastic figures.

So I bought 38 more figures than I painted in June. Still, for the year, I've painted 118 figures and bought 95, so I am 23 ahead.

Grelber

P.S. Stosstruppen, who had a Byzantine kickstarter?

Timbo W02 Jul 2021 3:37 p.m. PST

Aaaaarrgh!

Zero/Zero again

:-(

Still on +552 but must try to do something in July

DOUGKL02 Jul 2021 9:01 p.m. PST

Bought 0
Painted
8 Norman crossbowmen
12 Norman Spearmen
10 Saxon javelinmen
16 Saxon archers

Prior YTD 153+46= 199
One shy of the 47 figures per month I need to hit my goal of 500 for the year. I envy you Timbo W

Timbo W03 Jul 2021 3:48 a.m. PST

Well I did set my own rules for this so I m counting finishing and basing my already painted figures.

😁

Personal logo Stosstruppen Supporting Member of TMP03 Jul 2021 8:52 a.m. PST

@ Grelber Fireforge had one early last year. But with all the Covid delays I just got mine. I was one of the last because I had cataphracts in my order. As it was none of the new stuff came in boxes(they couldn't get them).

whitphoto Supporting Member of TMP03 Jul 2021 11:51 a.m. PST

June was good, I discovered Contrast paint and knocked out a lot of terrain! Unfortunately I had pre-orders and kickstarters delivered

127 various painted figs
167 acquired

127 + 595 = 762 painted
167 + 495 = 662 acquired
-100. At least I'm still making progress. Until the Bones kickstarter delivers this weekend…..

Personal logo Grelber Supporting Member of TMP03 Jul 2021 5:44 p.m. PST

Thanks, Stosstruppen! I've wanted to field a 15th Century Byzantine army for years, so I try to keep up with what is out there. Byzantines tended not to change a whole lot over the years, so limited conversion work might get me where I want to go.

Grelber

Sorry - only verified members can post on the forums.