Help support TMP

"Rolica 1808 part 2 - The Assault!" Topic

9 Posts

All members in good standing are free to post here. Opinions expressed here are solely those of the posters, and have not been cleared with nor are they endorsed by The Miniatures Page.

For more information, see the TMP FAQ.

Back to the Napoleonic Battle Reports Message Board

Areas of Interest

Napoleonic

Featured Hobby News Article

Featured Profile Article

Land of the Free: Elemental Analysis

Taking a look at elements in Land of the Free.

359 hits since 16 Sep 2020
©1994-2020 Bill Armintrout
Comments or corrections?

photocrinch16 Sep 2020 7:40 a.m. PST

I have just posted a battle report for the ongoing battle of Rolica from 1808 using old school rules and beautifully painted Hinton Hunt 1/72 scale metal miniatures from the 60s and 70s. Pop on by and catch up on the battle if you can.
link

picture

Frederick Supporting Member of TMP16 Sep 2020 12:00 p.m. PST

Very nice! Thanks for sharing – look forward to turns 6 +

photocrinch16 Sep 2020 12:24 p.m. PST

You and me both!

torokchar Supporting Member of TMP16 Sep 2020 2:01 p.m. PST

Explain the knocked over figures?? I assume casualties – and if so do you pull them off the table or leave them??

Good old-fashioned gaming

photocrinch16 Sep 2020 5:37 p.m. PST

You are correct and casualties stay as they lay. A memorial of sorts to their sacrifice.

Brian Smaller17 Sep 2020 5:10 p.m. PST

I remember a set of rules we played back in the 70s and you glued your figures to the bases and snapped them off when they became casualties. We did not use painted Airfix figures in those days :)

Wellington Man18 Sep 2020 2:41 p.m. PST

Outstanding in every way, but then I'm a bit biased!

photocrinch20 Sep 2020 8:12 p.m. PST

:)

Widowson22 Sep 2020 6:19 p.m. PST

Excellent casualty system. The only improvement I ever found was to replace them with casualty figures every turn or so. That takes a lot of casualty figures. The way you do it is completely acceptable, and the reason I have not mounted my 1/72 on move stands.

Sorry - only verified members can post on the forums.