Help support TMP

"Empire of the Petal Throne: Duvaníku would be proud" Topic

4 Posts

All members in good standing are free to post here. Opinions expressed here are solely those of the posters, and have not been cleared with nor are they endorsed by The Miniatures Page.

For more information, see the TMP FAQ.

Back to the Fantasy RPG Message Board

Back to the Fantasy Battle Reports Message Board

Back to the Blogs of War Message Board

Areas of Interest

General
Fantasy

Featured Hobby News Article

Featured Ruleset

Featured Workbench Article

Tree Base from Wooden Wheel & Clay

Basing an inexpensive tree with a toy wheel and some clay.

Featured Profile Article

GameCon '98

The Editor tries out this first-year gaming convention in the San Francisco Bay Area (California).

310 hits since 15 Sep 2020
©1994-2020 Bill Armintrout
Comments or corrections?

WaltOHara15 Sep 2020 5:54 p.m. PST

picture

Our long delayed game of Empire of the Petal Throne, postponed twice, was finally played out last weekend via Zoom. Apologies for the totally crap pictures, I was photographing a screen that didn't have a lot of light to being with. We had fun. Rules: Chainmail v. 3 Miniatures: Steve Braun.

Link -- link

Brian Smaller15 Sep 2020 8:00 p.m. PST

I so miss playing EPT.

emckinney16 Sep 2020 10:16 p.m. PST

You can capture screenshots by pressing PRINT SCREEN, then pasting the result into a document.

I highly recommend Greenshot https://getgreenshot.org as a fast capture program, since it can automatically save the screen captures with names like "Battle of Thraya-01.jpg" (and count up).

Or, use the snipping tool.
Click the Windows button (far bottom left corner of the screen).
Type "snip".
Press ENTER to opening the Snipping Tool.
Select "Window" as the capture type.
Click anywhere on the screen.
Click the Save icon.

That seems cumbersome, but you can pin the Snipping Tool to your taskbar for quick access, you can use it to capture just a window or a rectangular area you draw. There are some other settings you can mess with.

WaltOHara17 Sep 2020 8:59 a.m. PST

That's a good tip, thanks. Though, looking back, the base image itself was grainy as it appeared on my screen. I wasn't presenting the images myself, I was receiving them. They were shot in somebody's basement with the lighting you see. I admit, though, taking a screen shot directly would at least take one iteration of screen out of it-- taking a digital picture of another digital image is problematic.

Sorry - only verified members can post on the forums.