Help support TMP

"Foam floor mats" Topic

8 Posts

All members in good standing are free to post here. Opinions expressed here are solely those of the posters, and have not been cleared with nor are they endorsed by The Miniatures Page.

For more information, see the TMP FAQ.

Back to the Terrain and Scenics Message Board

Areas of Interest

General

Featured Hobby News Article

Featured Ruleset

Featured Showcase Article

Little Yellow Clamps

Need some low-pressure clamps?

Featured Workbench Article

One 3D Model, Many Bases?

Personal logo Editor in Chief Bill The Editor of TMP Fezian wonders why create different 3D models, if you can create one that can be customized?

Featured Profile Article

The da Vinci Jr. 1.0 3D Printer: Unboxing & Test Print

Personal logo Editor in Chief Bill The Editor of TMP Fezian unpacks and sets up an inexpensive 3D printer, and prints a test object.

Current Poll

588 hits since 1 Aug 2020
©1994-2020 Bill Armintrout
Comments or corrections?

captaincold6901 Aug 2020 4:40 p.m. PST

Anyone know where you can order these in single pieces?

Thresher01 Supporting Member of TMP01 Aug 2020 7:29 p.m. PST

Don't know if they are sold individually, but I believe Home Depot sells them.

Perhaps Lowe's, Joann's, and possibly Michael's too?

Sgt Slag01 Aug 2020 7:45 p.m. PST

The best price I've found, and the best quality for gaming purposes, is from Harbor Freight. They come in packs of four, only. The rougher, flat, matte bottoms, take acrylic craft paints, superbly! Tried a Chinese knock-off, from e-Bay… Utter crap. Won't use anything but HF, from now on. With a coupon, you can typically buy a set of four, for $6.99 USD (regularly $8.99 USD). Cheers!

Personal logo Editor in Chief Bill The Editor of TMP Fezian01 Aug 2020 8:01 p.m. PST

Check Big Lots and Ocean State Job Lot too.

captaincold6901 Aug 2020 10:11 p.m. PST

Brilliant Sgt Slag, thanks

captaincold6902 Aug 2020 5:13 p.m. PST

Sgt Slag….thanks again for the Harbor Freight recommendation.

I got 3 packs for $28. USD The stuff at Lowes would have been $70 USDish

This stuff will be a life saver for all my trees on my table!

Sgt Slag02 Aug 2020 5:20 p.m. PST

You are most welcome. The HF mats take acrylic paint extremely well. I've used them with mottled shades of brown, for cave floors, as well as mottled shades of gray, for dungeon bases. Other TMP'ers have used them with mottled blue's for water. I plan to use mottled white's, with some blue's, for for ice/winter/snow.

Still other TMP'ers have used them as you intend, to stick model trees into. I admit, that is tempting. I base my trees, currently.

Just an FYI: do not seal the paint, if you do paint them. The acrylic paint does not require protection/sealing, in my experience with them. If you wish a mottled painting scheme, I recommend using a natural sponge(s), and applying the various colors while the previous colors are still wet. Throw in some accent colors, sparingly, as well. Cheers!

captaincold6902 Aug 2020 6:06 p.m. PST

Thanks for the heads up. I won't be painting them. Using them for pinning my trees/fences, etc….

Sorry - only verified members can post on the forums.