Help support TMP


"Russian 7YW Shoulder fired Grenade Launcher" Topic


6 Posts

All members in good standing are free to post here. Opinions expressed here are solely those of the posters, and have not been cleared with nor are they endorsed by The Miniatures Page.

For more information, see the TMP FAQ.


Back to the SYW Message Board


Areas of Interest

18th Century

Featured Hobby News Article


Featured Ruleset


Featured Showcase Article

1:700 Black Seas British Brigs

Personal logo Editor in Chief Bill The Editor of TMP Fezian paints brigs for the British fleet.


Featured Book Review


549 hits since 29 May 2020
©1994-2020 Bill Armintrout
Comments or corrections?

Prof Pate29 May 2020 2:15 p.m. PST

Does anybody have information about the scale of issue and usage of these weapons.

Effectiveness and efficacy

Thanks

John

dwight shrute29 May 2020 4:34 p.m. PST

hand mortars ? link

von Schwartz29 May 2020 7:22 p.m. PST

Yeah, I've heard of that but don't have any further information. Don't think they were too prevalent though.

21eRegt30 May 2020 3:32 p.m. PST

The image in the Funcken books makes them look cool and Foundry made them in 28mm. I naturally had to have some but have wondered about how to use them in a game.

Wargamorium31 May 2020 2:52 a.m. PST

21eRegt

I fully agree with what you say. They are a 'must have' in any SYW Russian army. Maybe 50% chance of killing the firer, 49% chance of misfire or no effect and 1% chance of inflicting a severe fright on the target.

Regards

p.s. we met at the Waterloo diorama during the 2015 commemorations.

Prof Pate31 May 2020 11:39 a.m. PST

misfire or dud absolutely necessary particularly in a skirmish game. Big fright for enemy though.

I'd consider two things one fire/misfire/kill gunner roll and then use of GW scatter dice for accuracy.

Could be a load of fun.

Ta all, John

Sorry - only verified members can post on the forums.