Help support TMP

"Traveller Ship?" Topic

10 Posts

All members in good standing are free to post here. Opinions expressed here are solely those of the posters, and have not been cleared with nor are they endorsed by The Miniatures Page.

For more information, see the TMP FAQ.

Back to the SF Discussion Message Board

Areas of Interest

Science Fiction

Featured Hobby News Article

Featured Ruleset

Featured Profile Article

Report from Gamex 2005

Our Man in Southern California, Wyatt the Odd, reports on the Gamex 2005 convention.

Featured Movie Review

635 hits since 12 Feb 2020
©1994-2020 Bill Armintrout
Comments or corrections?

robert piepenbrink Supporting Member of TMP12 Feb 2020 5:38 p.m. PST

Back in the mists of time, I remember there were actual 15mm scaled floor plans for a ship to go with Traveller--possibly in conjunction with the "Snapshot" supplement. It was, what I think of as a Schmitz Class vessel, after The Profitable Venture in The Witches of Karres--minimal armament, room for a few passengers with shady backgrounds trying to avoid Imperial entanglements, a little cargo capacity and maybe some spaces in the hold the customs people might miss. The video SF age will be thinking of the Milleneum Falcon and the Serenity Pass.

Can anyone remember the name of that Traveller ship, and point me toward where I might find those deck plans. I'd have to blow them up to 28mm, but still…

Thanks,

Robert

emckinney12 Feb 2020 5:53 p.m. PST

Doesn't ring a bell among the many I have. If no one answers here, pop over to Citizens of the Imperium.

Skrapwelder Supporting Member of TMP12 Feb 2020 6:24 p.m. PST

Free Trader Beowulf and Darthanon Queen come to mind

Skeptic12 Feb 2020 6:57 p.m. PST

One was included with Snapshot. The ship was wedge-shaped, with a fairly large square cargo hold at the stern. It also had a small upper deck. I forget the name, if there ever was one.

Voila!:
link

dragon612 Feb 2020 7:31 p.m. PST

If you are talking about the wedge shaped scout ship the usual version is the Suleiman. Most of the various types are very similar.

Personally I find the Freetrader merchants the more usual ship. Bigger withmore crew (player characters), more space to stash some slightly dodgy merchandise, space for passengers. If so the Beowulf is the usual version. The fartrader version is the Empress Marava class. Longer range less cargo space.

google the different names and you should find floorplans. Snapshot is not my favorite version of rules to fight that game.

Wackmole9 Supporting Member of TMP12 Feb 2020 7:37 p.m. PST

check fasa's map sets

PDF link

dragon612 Feb 2020 8:40 p.m. PST

If you are talking about the wedge shaped scout ship the usual version is the Suleiman. Most of the various types are very similar.

Personally I find the Freetrader merchants the more usual ship. Bigger withmore crew (player characters), more space to stash some slightly dodgy merchandise, space for passengers. If so the Beowulf is the usual version. The fartrader version is the Empress Marava class. Longer range less cargo space.

google the different names and you should find floorplans. Snapshot is not my favorite version.

Oberlindes Sol LIC12 Feb 2020 9:45 p.m. PST

There were a lot of deckplans for Traveller ships of all kinds, ranging in size from the 100 ton Suleiman-class scout ship included with Snapshot! to the 65,000 ton Lightning-class cruiser that is the subject of the game Azhanti High Lightning.

Besides deckplans with 1-inch squares that you could just unfold and play, there were deckplans at smaller scales in many supplements that you could enlarge on a copying machine.

Snapshot included both the Suleiman-class scout ship and the Beowulf-class free trader.

darthfozzywig Supporting Member of TMP12 Feb 2020 10:13 p.m. PST

Drivethrurpg has much of the GDW Traveller line:

link

Personal logo Bashytubits Supporting Member of TMP13 Feb 2020 7:27 p.m. PST

Here you go.

Sorry - only verified members can post on the forums.