Help support TMP

"Ground Zero Games East Coast Convention, March 27-29, 2020" Topic

6 Posts

All members in good standing are free to post here. Opinions expressed here are solely those of the posters, and have not been cleared with nor are they endorsed by The Miniatures Page.

For more information, see the TMP FAQ.

Back to the Wargaming in the USA Message Board

Back to the Conventions and Wargame Shows Message Board

Back to the SF Discussion Message Board

Areas of Interest

General
Science Fiction

Featured Hobby News Article

608 hits since 15 Jan 2020
©1994-2020 Bill Armintrout
Comments or corrections?

Zen Ghost Fezian15 Jan 2020 8:57 a.m. PST

The Ground Zero Games/East Coast Convention (GZG ECC) is a gathering of fans of miniature gaming. We feature Jon Tuffley's science fiction rules, but accept all sorts of gaming rules. This convention is run on a non-profit, volunteer basis, for fun and friendship.

GZG ECC has five event periods with various games with prizes, a miniatures contest, a vendors area, door prizes, a trading/swap area and open gaming. Prizes in the past have been donated by GZG, Brigade Miniatures, Decals Express, Combat Wombat, Force XXI, King and Kerr, Starmats Plus, among others.

Initial schedule of events is posted. Event description should be up soon. Registration starts Feb 01, 2020.

Location: Owego, NY (note: NOT Oswego, I almost made that mistake my first time)

Personal note: This a great, little convention full of friendly people. The location features a restaurant and bar in the convention center. Come join us! The event schedule is full of events to suit your wargaming style and desires. Oh, and there's usually side gaming (boardgames) after the last events and sometimes during, for those needing a break.

Covert Walrus15 Jan 2020 2:04 p.m. PST

Love to go, however for any number of reasons I cannot despite being probably able to afford it.

Oberlindes Sol LIC16 Jan 2020 12:20 a.m. PST

Have a great time!

Russ Lockwood22 Jan 2020 4:22 p.m. PST

I occasionally stop in Owego for fast food on the way to Buffalo, so let me take a look at the convention site…

Huh.

FYI: The Red Roof reservation site doesn't seem to list a hotel in Owego, although I saw it driving by last weekend. Cortland and Binghampton, but no Owego. I guess you have to call direct.

billclo03 Feb 2020 3:52 a.m. PST

Russ,
The hotel is a Quality Inn, not a Red Roof; somebody didn't update the page. Needless to say the link is wrong. See here for address:

warpfish.com/gzgecc/gzgecc23/location.shtml

Link to hotel:
https://www.choicehotels.com/new-york/owego/quality-inn-hotels/ny762

I stayed there last year, and if I go this year, will not be staying there, but at the next door Hampton Inn.

Russ Lockwood06 Feb 2020 9:00 p.m. PST

Thx for info.

Sorry - only verified members can post on the forums.