Help support TMP

"Blitzspiel rules by John Armatys" Topic

10 Posts

All members in good standing are free to post here. Opinions expressed here are solely those of the posters, and have not been cleared with nor are they endorsed by The Miniatures Page.

For more information, see the TMP FAQ.

Back to the WWII Rules Message Board

Areas of Interest

World War Two on the Land

Featured Hobby News Article

Featured Profile Article

First Look: M5 Stuart Tank Platoon

Personal logo Editor in Chief Bill The Editor of TMP Fezian opens up the all-plastic M5 Stuart kit recently released.

566 hits since 2 Dec 2019
©1994-2019 Bill Armintrout
Comments or corrections?

Jefthro302 Dec 2019 1:56 a.m. PST

Hello I'm seeking a copy of Blitzspiel rules by John Armatys . As my current copy is past its best . Any one aware of where I might have obtain a copy . Am also interested in hearing any of any ones experience of using the rules. We tend to use them when I fancy an easy to play world war game that isn't too demanding on the grey matter . But recognise that they can provide a fairly realistic fun game and are popular with our small group .

John Armatys02 Dec 2019 4:01 a.m. PST

It is nice to find the rules still have some fans!

If you let me have your e-mail address I can provide a pdf version of the original set, and, if you are interested, Blitzspiel II (a company level update which hasn't been properly play tested) and A Platoon Commander's War (a lower level infantry set using the same mechanisms which I've been working on for some time).

Jefthro302 Dec 2019 4:40 a.m. PST

Hi John
Yes am definitely interested . I heard of your work via looking up Wargames development posts , trying to pin down a copy of your rules . My email is jefthro2@yahoo.com I'm planning to run a game this Thursday and my copy the rules is well battered .
Thanks

Jim

John Armatys02 Dec 2019 6:04 a.m. PST

All being well the pdfs will be in your inbox.

epturner Supporting Member of TMP02 Dec 2019 12:37 p.m. PST

And what rules might these be?

Please, do tell more.

Eric

John Armatys03 Dec 2019 3:13 a.m. PST

Blitzspiel is a set of WW2 rules designed for use with 1/300 figures with a combat mechanism inspired by DBA and a 1 inch to 50 yards ground scale. 1 vehicle = 1 vehicle, a base of infantry = a section or squad. They were published in the UK by Mercian Model Soldier in 1995.

parrskool04 Dec 2019 9:09 a.m. PST

Always interested in any WW2 rule set. i have a vague recollection of these from many years back can they be the same ?

John Armatys04 Dec 2019 9:27 a.m. PST

What do you vaguely recall?

Desert Fox04 Dec 2019 11:43 a.m. PST

John,

I am interested in your Blitzspiel rules as well. Please send a copy to jam55126 AT yahoo DOT com

Thank you!

parrskool05 Dec 2019 1:42 a.m. PST

If it's the set I am thinking of, I had a set which got lost in one of the many moves during 20 years. Multiple postings have lost me quite a few books over the years.
Ah, that I could get them back.

Sorry - only verified members can post on the forums.