Help support TMP

"Material for my future expedition on Skull Island." Topic

10 Posts

All members in good standing are free to post here. Opinions expressed here are solely those of the posters, and have not been cleared with nor are they endorsed by The Miniatures Page.

For more information, see the TMP FAQ.

Back to the Pulp Gaming Message Board

Back to the Fantasy Product Reviews Message Board

Areas of Interest

Fantasy
World War One
World War Two on the Land
Science Fiction

Featured Hobby News Article

Featured Movie Review

905 hits since 14 Sep 2019
©1994-2020 Bill Armintrout
Comments or corrections?

Paskal Supporting Member of TMP15 Sep 2019 2:35 a.m. PST

Hello all ,

Staying on my King Kong project after the 2005 movie, for 28/30 mm figures, I'm looking for grapples and rafts, please where to find that?

Thank you.

YogiBearMinis Supporting Member of TMP15 Sep 2019 4:53 a.m. PST

Legendary Realms terrain has various rafts and some standard chests, barrels, etc., prepainted. This is medieval-sequel stuff, but is a start. Maybe try Ainsty, Crooked Dice?

Paskal Supporting Member of TMP15 Sep 2019 6:19 a.m. PST

Thank you YogiBearMinis, but these rafts are too beautiful and too good for have been made by sailors who would be on Skull Island, right?

link

I do not believe that ainsty castings and Crooked Dice have some grapples and rafts for 28/30 mm figures?

https://www.ainstycastings.co.uk

crooked-dice.co.uk/wp

But I asked them the question,also thank you again.

No other ideas ?

Dr Argent15 Sep 2019 7:37 a.m. PST

Reaper has a very nice and inexpensive raft. link

But I imagine it is too precise for your vision. You could rough it up, glue some together or otherwise make it look like it was improvised by sailors on Skull Island.

Your vision is very specific and you may need to scratch build items like these.

stephen m15 Sep 2019 8:42 a.m. PST

Sorry I can't help, gaming in 6mm almost exclusively, but to help others which movie are you using as a basis? There is the old 1930s one, the remake by Peter Jackson and Skull Island the very recent post Vietnam war era effort. Based on which version you would also give your potential informants a better idea of YOUR vision.

Personal logo Editor in Chief Bill The Editor of TMP Fezian15 Sep 2019 9:47 a.m. PST

Based on which version you would also give your potential informants a better idea of YOUR vision.

He said the 2005 version.

Personal logo Bobgnar Supporting Member of TMP17 Sep 2019 8:16 p.m. PST

This is a pretty simple raft, could be made by anyone. Thanks for the link as I will use these for my Skull Island project.
link

Paskal Supporting Member of TMP18 Sep 2019 10:59 p.m. PST

Thank you all but no one has any other ideas?

Personal logo Bobgnar Supporting Member of TMP19 Sep 2019 8:12 a.m. PST

Make your own rafts?

Paskal Supporting Member of TMP24 Sep 2019 9:59 p.m. PST

Yes, obliged because there is not one valid in the trade!

Sorry - only verified members can post on the forums.