Help support TMP

"single face micro-board (F-flute) corrugated cardboard" Topic

5 Posts

All members in good standing are free to post here. Opinions expressed here are solely those of the posters, and have not been cleared with nor are they endorsed by The Miniatures Page.

For more information, see the TMP FAQ.

Back to the Paper Modeling Message Board

Areas of Interest


Featured Hobby News Article

Featured Ruleset

Current Poll

485 hits since 29 Jul 2019
©1994-2020 Bill Armintrout
Comments or corrections?

dragon629 Jul 2019 1:50 p.m. PST

Does anyone know where this can be found in the USA? Size E flutes would be fine also. I thought that model train people might use it but I can't find reference to it.

Can't find it in craft shops.

I want to use it for tile roofs

rmaker29 Jul 2019 2:07 p.m. PST

It used to be used for light bulb packaging.

Oberlindes Sol LIC Supporting Member of TMP29 Jul 2019 4:28 p.m. PST

The thing that protects your hand from the heat of the coffee in a paper cup is sometimes single-sided corrugated cardboard with small corrugations.

The ones at Starbucks are that type, but not all coffee places use that type.

What is that thing called? Cup cuff, cup collar, cup sleeve, coffee cozy, hot cup jacket are all suggested by the internet.

dragon629 Jul 2019 4:33 p.m. PST

It's used for a lot of packaging but the flutes are larger. I want Es or Fs for 15mm tiled roofs. Those flutes are around 1mm

Joerg Bender Supporting Member of TMP30 Jul 2019 6:11 a.m. PST

You can find it at Hobby Lobby. Michaels has a similar product. Both can be found in the scrap book area.

Sorry - only verified members can post on the forums.