Help support TMP

"Last Time You Entered a Painting Contest? Never!" Topic

8 Posts

All members in good standing are free to post here. Opinions expressed here are solely those of the posters, and have not been cleared with nor are they endorsed by The Miniatures Page.

For more information, see the TMP FAQ.

Back to the Painting Message Board

Areas of Interest

General

245 hits since 10 Jul 2019
©1994-2019 Bill Armintrout
Comments or corrections?

Personal logo Editor in Chief Bill The Editor of TMP Fezian10 Jul 2019 6:20 p.m. PST

You were asked – TMP link

Last Time You Entered a Painting Contest?

54% said "I have never entered a painting contest"
14% said "11-20 years ago"
8% said "21-30 years ago"

wolvermonkey10 Jul 2019 6:30 p.m. PST

3 yrs ago.

KSmyth10 Jul 2019 7:43 p.m. PST

This year at Enfilade. I won!!

Personal logo Panzerfaust Supporting Member of TMP10 Jul 2019 8:15 p.m. PST

1984 or 85 I believe. My Grenadier deep ones won first place and I used the prize money to buy the Squad Leader sequel Cross of Iron. They were painted with Testors enamels, before I discovered water based craft paint.

Green Tiger11 Jul 2019 1:13 a.m. PST

I am a historian and a wargamer. I think painting figures to a competition standard is a different hobby…

nnascati Supporting Member of TMP11 Jul 2019 5:19 a.m. PST

I think before HMGS existed. I won a couple ribbons at MFCA shows. Not since then.

RudyNelson12 Jul 2019 7:33 a.m. PST

Even before my surgery my painting was clumsy. So never have entered one.

von Schwartz16 Jul 2019 6:12 p.m. PST

I paint wargame figures, not display models. I did enter a small local contest a number of years ago and actually won once with my SYW Prussians and later with my Siege of Vienna period Poles. After that they started getting the people who are, what I call, professional painters entering the "Wargames" category. Their figures never did, nor were they ever intended to be used on the tabletop. I stopped entering.

Sorry - only verified members can post on the forums.