Help support TMP

"Richthofen's War: Board Game Archaeology" Topic

7 Posts

All members in good standing are free to post here. Opinions expressed here are solely those of the posters, and have not been cleared with nor are they endorsed by The Miniatures Page.

For more information, see the TMP FAQ.

Back to the Biplanes Message Board

Action Log

19 Apr 2019 10:37 a.m. PST
by Editor in Chief Bill

• Removed from Early 20th Century Product Reviews board

Areas of Interest

World War One

694 hits since 19 Apr 2019
©1994-2019 Bill Armintrout
Comments or corrections?

SoS Wargaming19 Apr 2019 9:46 a.m. PST

I'm sure many of you played the classic Avalon Hill board game Richthofen's War? I played it to death as a kid and in this short board game archaeology video, I dug out my old copy for a look through the box, check it out here (and please subscribe!):

YouTube link

Aethelflaeda was framed19 Apr 2019 4:14 p.m. PST

A game best left in memory.

Weddier19 Apr 2019 7:52 p.m. PST

We had fun with it in school, playing teams and enforcing the rule that no one could communicate with anything but hand signals while playing. The confusion was always entertaining.

Personal logo David Manley Supporting Member of TMP19 Apr 2019 10:07 p.m. PST

An excellent game, better if you played with the 5RW variant from "The General". We played several campaigns at the school club.

SoS Wargaming20 Apr 2019 1:10 a.m. PST

Cheers chaps, it was great fun, but I tired to play it again recently and it is bogged down in charts. I prefer more modern games that are a bit more elegant, tbh, but it was my first forays into aerial wargaming!

Timmo uk20 Apr 2019 1:36 a.m. PST

Played it a lot much better than their later Knights of the Air that was endless charts and so slow to play.

I had the optional cards from the General, which I want to inject and develop in a set of rules I've been modifying. The biggest problem, that would be easy to fix now was the IGOUGO turn sequence.

Heisler20 Apr 2019 11:20 a.m. PST

I much prefer Fight in the Skies from TSR.

Sorry - only verified members can post on the forums.