Help support TMP

"Saxon Garde du Corps" Topic

12 Posts

All members in good standing are free to post here. Opinions expressed here are solely those of the posters, and have not been cleared with nor are they endorsed by The Miniatures Page.

For more information, see the TMP FAQ.

Back to the Napoleonic Gallery Message Board

Areas of Interest

Napoleonic

799 hits since 17 Apr 2019
©1994-2019 Bill Armintrout
Comments or corrections?

alexkalinin Supporting Member of TMP17 Apr 2019 11:56 p.m. PST

Redcurrant18 Apr 2019 1:24 a.m. PST

AB figures – very well painted

mollinary18 Apr 2019 2:08 a.m. PST

Very striking, the painting style reminds me of that used on the best flat figures.

Markconz18 Apr 2019 2:37 a.m. PST

Lovely job!

Sho Boki18 Apr 2019 4:48 a.m. PST

Very spectacular! Bravo!

von Winterfeldt18 Apr 2019 5:30 a.m. PST

indeed very artistically painting, still no grey horses for trumpeters in this regiment.

Personal logo deadhead Supporting Member of TMP18 Apr 2019 6:32 a.m. PST

When they started out the rule was black horses for all, except for the officers who favoured light coloured bays, I think I recall. Silver trumpets and the trumpeters indeed rode blacks. Mind you, they look wonderful on greys painted to this standard….and by the time they got to Borodino I think any horse would do!

Love these AB figures and will not again comment on the rolled cloak. Much debate here and one of them has it over his right shoulder anyway.

How about the monogram? Eureka help you in 28mm with an exquisite moulding, but I struggled with both them and Black Hussar's. How about in 15/18mm? Wonderful work

alexkalinin Supporting Member of TMP18 Apr 2019 11:35 a.m. PST

Many thanks, my friends!

PTL181520 Apr 2019 10:50 a.m. PST

could you email a few photos? These are next up in my painting que and I could use a good example to follow..Great work

pdmmlongton at hotmail.com

Personal logo deadhead Supporting Member of TMP20 Apr 2019 3:13 p.m. PST

Please do show your end result too. They do not have to be of this standard and any level of photography is welcome. This forum needs more feedback and I suspect Alexkalinin would be delighted to see his work inspired others.

alexkalinin Supporting Member of TMP21 Apr 2019 1:09 a.m. PST

I sent you pictures. Good luck!

archiduque Supporting Member of TMP26 Apr 2019 7:00 a.m. PST

Excellent work!!

Sorry - only verified members can post on the forums.