Help support TMP

"Ebor GNW figures 28mm best matching ranges?" Topic

4 Posts

All members in good standing are free to post here. Opinions expressed here are solely those of the posters, and have not been cleared with nor are they endorsed by The Miniatures Page.

For more information, see the TMP FAQ.

Back to the 18th Century Discussion Message Board

Areas of Interest

18th Century

272 hits since 15 Mar 2019
©1994-2019 Bill Armintrout
Comments or corrections?

Personal logo Formerly Regiment Games Supporting Member of TMP Fezian15 Mar 2019 12:19 p.m. PST

Warfare are beautiful but much more slender (realistic?). I know they are adding new things all the time, but a combination of multiple matching ranges might be better.

Wondering about height matching for Ebor. Front Rank? Wee Wolf (formerly Musketeer)? They look to be similar style and heft.

I have reviewed older posts. Wonder what the latest thoughts are on Great Northern War figures in 28mm.

Steer in another direction if more suggestions. Thanks.

Gunfreak Supporting Member of TMP15 Mar 2019 3:52 p.m. PST

I have some old musketeer miniatures, the swedish are ok(for infantry) and in heft and size match ebor quite well, the musketeer Russians are probably my least liked miniatures ever. They are mono pose, and the pose is just horrible. Holding their muskets like they are playing a guitar.

If you're looking for enemies of Sweden that match ebor, then more ebor.
They have Danes, and you can use ebor WSS infantry and cavalry for Saxons. And ebor has Russians.

That said, I have one musketeer miniature swedish unit with my warfare swedes. And it's not really noticeable on the table.
I also have ebor Danish that has been joined by warfare Danes. And again on the table it's not that noticeable.

I can even have them in the same bridge, just not in the same unit.

You also have foundry figures that mix well with ebor. And someone has mixed foundry and ebor in the same unit.

willthepiper15 Mar 2019 7:55 p.m. PST

I'm quite happy to mix figures from different companies. My GNW Russians include Warlord's WSS plastics, Ebor infantry, dragoons and artillery, and Warfare dragoons and cavalry. I've even got a Reiver Castings Tsar Peter, although I find that he's a bit chunky compared to the other figures, so I'm not planning to purchase any more Reivers.

I even kitbashed WSS plastics with Ebor grenadier heads to make some 'action-posed" grenadiers. The two in the front left are Ebor metals, the rest are my own little Frankensteins!

picture

My blog post here shows the current state of my GNW Russians with a mix of Ebor, Warfare, Warlord Games:
link

Personal logo Formerly Regiment Games Supporting Member of TMP Fezian16 Mar 2019 7:36 a.m. PST

Thanks for the replies!

Sorry - only verified members can post on the forums.