Help support TMP

"20mm AB Miniatures British Late War Infantry" Topic

10 Posts

All members in good standing are free to post here. Opinions expressed here are solely those of the posters, and have not been cleared with nor are they endorsed by The Miniatures Page.

For more information, see the TMP FAQ.

Back to the 20mm WWII Message Board

Action Log

13 Mar 2019 2:05 p.m. PST
by Editor in Chief Bill

• Changed title from "20 MM AB Miniatures British Late War Infantry" to "20mm AB Miniatures British Late War Infantry"Removed from Terrain and Scenics boardRemoved from WWII Discussion board
  • Changed starttime from
    13 Mar 2019 1:46 p.m. PST
    to
    13 Mar 2019 1:46 p.m. PSTRemoved from WWII Discussion board

Areas of Interest

World War Two on the Land

738 hits since 13 Mar 2019
©1994-2019 Bill Armintrout
Comments or corrections?

wrgmr113 Mar 2019 1:46 p.m. PST

Finally finished these boys, they are for my winter game project.

picture

picture

picture

TunnelRat Supporting Member of TMP14 Mar 2019 2:46 a.m. PST

lovely work!

TheNorthernFront14 Mar 2019 2:17 p.m. PST

What winter theaters did the British fight in toward the end of the war? I'm obviously familiar with the Ardennes/battle of the bulge and the push toward Berlin through Hurtgen forest. What was the British involvement in these theaters? Sorry, for the stupid question. :)

Personal logo 28mm Fanatik Supporting Member of TMP14 Mar 2019 3:17 p.m. PST

What winter theaters did the British fight in toward the end of the war? I'm obviously familiar with the Ardennes/battle of the bulge and the push toward Berlin through Hurtgen forest. What was the British involvement in these theaters? Sorry, for the stupid question. :)

Without getting into specifics, I am sure you will agree that it is a reasonable assumption that in some capacity the British fought in winter climes on some unnamed battleground within their assigned sectors (however quiet they were) in NW Europe during the winter of '44-'45.

wrgmr114 Mar 2019 5:33 p.m. PST

The Sherwood Rangers Yeomanry, which according to history fought in more battles than any other British armored battalion in NWE.
Here is a list of their battles in the snow. Villages and towns taken. Spelling may be off.

Lind
Sind
Havert
Hongen
Breberen
Mosno
Boket
Konisbosche
Laffied
Schandorf
Locken
Ospenan
Hapoven
Heinsberg
Kirschon

Operation Blackcock. List courtesy of Karl, moderator of the SRY Facebook page.

Infantry of 6th Cameronians, 52nd (Lowland) Division, passing Sherman tanks of C squadron SRY near Havert in Germany, 18 January 1945.

picture

picture

Infantry of the 1st Battalion, Glasgow Highlanders ride on white-washed Sherman tanks of the 8th Armoured Brigade in Hongen, 1920 January 1945.

link

Marc33594 Supporting Member of TMP15 Mar 2019 5:31 a.m. PST

In the first shot of the 6th is that an American closest to the tree? Helmet looks right and looks like in a US Mackinaw jacket/coat.

Personal logo 28mm Fanatik Supporting Member of TMP15 Mar 2019 7:30 a.m. PST

Could be a liaison of some sort.

wrgmr115 Mar 2019 9:33 a.m. PST

During the battles in Normandy, the 2nd Canadian infantry division had a batter of American 155 Long Tom's attached.
During Arnhem the SRY was supporting the American 82nd Airbotne also, a green American division 84th attacking the Seigfried line.

Marc at work20 Mar 2019 10:19 a.m. PST

The British and Canadians were fighting in Holland all through the winter leading up to the Rhine crossings.

the Bulge gets all the attention as it was the German's last offensive in the West, but the fighting never stopped elsewhere

Trajanus30 Mar 2019 7:04 a.m. PST

Looks pretty cold to me!

Sorry - only verified members can post on the forums.