Help support TMP

"Poor service from Minuteman Miniatures" Topic

12 Posts

All members in good standing are free to post here. Opinions expressed here are solely those of the posters, and have not been cleared with nor are they endorsed by The Miniatures Page.

For more information, see the TMP FAQ.

Back to the Consumer Affairs Message Board

Areas of Interest

General

764 hits since 10 Feb 2019
©1994-2019 Bill Armintrout
Comments or corrections?

marthins2000 Supporting Member of TMP10 Feb 2019 8:15 p.m. PST

Myself and a friend were 3d scanned at Historicon last year. In early January, having received nothing, I contacted Michael Elices who runs the company and asked where our orders were. He wrote back saying that they were overwhelmed and he apologized. He also sent me a scan of the shipping label with tracking and said it would ship that week. Well, it is February and neither my order or that of my friend have arrived (or even shipped) and he has ceased answering email messages from me. I had really looked forward to seeing myself as a figure if only because of the tech involved but now am just a chested customer. Hope other people had better success. Not a way to run a business.

Sundance11 Feb 2019 6:59 a.m. PST

Wasn't the scanning/printing an official part of the con, too? Can't reflect well on them either if so.

Perris070711 Feb 2019 1:19 p.m. PST

Glad I opted out of that option…hope you eventually get yourself minied.

KevinV11 Feb 2019 4:05 p.m. PST

Agree with marthins.
We were scanned at Little Wars 2018, in April. Despite three or maybe four emails about shipping problems, sent orders (that have never arrived) … we are still out 3 miniatures.
I thought it was just us.
Guess we'll just have to wait until Little Wars 2019!

Personal logo chicklewis Supporting Member of TMP11 Feb 2019 8:57 p.m. PST

What is a 'Chested' customer?

Sorry, I'm behind on my slang.

martin goddard Sponsoring Member of TMP12 Feb 2019 1:02 a.m. PST

Might be best to go back to an actual physical letter. Posting a letter to his address might "spur him on". An actual letter often changes the whole dynamic. Even add on some sort of "recorded" aspect to the letter?

twicethecaffeine12 Feb 2019 3:25 a.m. PST

chicklewis -see that's what I find most annoying about TMP
The guy is trying to make a serious point about being cheated and you feel the need to come here and make a wise crack about a typo.

Well done have a point.

Grimmnar12 Feb 2019 10:14 a.m. PST

Well Twice I dont think Chick was looking to be anything but genuine.
I know I was curious as well as I Googled "chested customer" and only now when you mentioned did my brain figure out it was supposed to be "cheated customer"
A typo just didnt dawn on me.
But that is just how I was looking at it.

Grimm

79thPA Supporting Member of TMP12 Feb 2019 10:43 a.m. PST

I didn't think of a typo either but, rather, a piece of slang that I wasn't familiar with. I thought it meant something like chuffed, which is another word that I learned on TMP.

jefritrout13 Feb 2019 9:06 a.m. PST

I will have to agree with Chick, Grim and 79. I read it as a slang term for extremely upset. Typo didn't cross my mind.

Personal logo chicklewis Supporting Member of TMP14 Feb 2019 8:41 a.m. PST

Sorry to annoy you, twicethecaffeine, that was not my intention.

Lord Ashram15 Feb 2019 10:46 a.m. PST

Hey guys,

(I tried to type a response, but it didn't seem to take.)

So I was working for Minuteman at the beginning, but then got cut off right after GenCon. I am honestly baffled by what is going on; I haven't really had any contact with Mike, and don't know why so many people seem to be out miniatures. There are tons of comments on Facebook asking for updates, and a bunch of people have apparently not been emailed back. My own son is still asking where his figure is. So I am sorry this has happened… it's such a cool product, and I really was working hard to make sure it was great… but unfortunately I was only painting and talking, and have control over production or shipping or any other aspect of order fulfillment:(

So disappointed!:(

Sorry - only verified members can post on the forums.