Help support TMP

"Michigan Toy Soldier Company - Recent Dealings ?" Topic

18 Posts

All members in good standing are free to post here. Opinions expressed here are solely those of the posters, and have not been cleared with nor are they endorsed by The Miniatures Page.

For more information, see the TMP FAQ.

Back to the Consumer Affairs Message Board

Areas of Interest

General

1,494 hits since 7 Feb 2019
©1994-2019 Bill Armintrout
Comments or corrections?

Space Ghost07 Feb 2019 12:19 p.m. PST

Looks like the last discussion of MTSC came up in 2016. Have any folks had dealings with them in the last year? How was your experience?

Looks like they have product from several manufacturers I'd like to buy, it'd be nice to have a one-stop shop.

~Brian

Tacitus07 Feb 2019 12:33 p.m. PST

Just ordered some books before Christmas. There was a possible delay (that never actually happened) and the company was helpful and communicative. Got everything as ordered.

Personal logo PrivateSnafu Supporting Member of TMP07 Feb 2019 1:04 p.m. PST

Bought a castle, no issue. Talked to them on the phone, ordered via the webstore, arrived quickly, no issues.

They also have a surprisingly awesome blog/newsletter that I suppose Tango hasn't found yet.

Space Ghost07 Feb 2019 2:01 p.m. PST

You bought a whole castle!? Wow! :)

Seriously, though, thank you for the replies, and good to hear -- they have an impressive catalog, looking forward to ordering form them.

~Brian

Personal logo Der Alte Fritz Sponsoring Member of TMP07 Feb 2019 5:04 p.m. PST

I bought some toy soldiers from them last year and had no problems getting my order. I would buy from them again.

Personal logo Editor in Chief Bill The Editor of TMP Fezian07 Feb 2019 5:24 p.m. PST

I would stay away from them.

First, the owner swindled Peter Jackson and did jail time, remember?

Second, they also stiffed TMP for a large amount of money.

These people are crooks!

Personal logo Private Matter Supporting Member of TMP07 Feb 2019 7:55 p.m. PST

Hasn't the ownership changed since then? Also the owner at the time who swindled Peter Jackson served his jail time.

I've never ordered on line from them but whenever I'm in the Detroit metro area I stop in and in the past few years have found them to friendly and helpful people.

corona66 Supporting Member of TMP07 Feb 2019 8:10 p.m. PST

Given the statement from Private Matter perhaps the editor needs to investigate and clarify.

ZULUPAUL Supporting Member of TMP08 Feb 2019 3:20 a.m. PST

Yes they have different ownership. I've been in store several times & they are helpful & have a decent selection of items.

Extrabio1947 Supporting Member of TMP08 Feb 2019 4:32 a.m. PST

I order paint from them from time to time, and the service has always been prompt and friendly. I've never had any issues with them whatsoever.

Garryowen Supporting Member of TMP08 Feb 2019 6:53 a.m. PST

I too have dealt with them in the last year or two. Very helpful with a product question I had. I got my order just fine.

The only problem I know if is that their catalog is so large, that very often what I want is not available.

But if they have what you want, I would expect the deal to work fine.

Tom

Personal logo Editor in Chief Bill The Editor of TMP Fezian08 Feb 2019 11:20 a.m. PST

Given the statement from Private Matter perhaps the editor needs to investigate and clarify.

They don't respond to our invoices. Have sent emails and voice messages. As of today, there is no email listed on their contact page, and their contact form is broken.

79thPA Supporting Member of TMP08 Feb 2019 11:35 a.m. PST

As Garyowen pointed out, their catalog is so large that they cannot stock everything that is advertised. Sometimes you get your stuff, sometimes you get placed on back order.

Grimmnar08 Feb 2019 8:25 p.m. PST

Bill,

Use their contact info on their eBay page then.

Grimm

Teppsta09 Feb 2019 5:46 p.m. PST

There is an email address listed on their website, plus their physical address, a phone number and a fax number.

Teppsta10 Feb 2019 5:48 a.m. PST

By Mail: Print and send our order form with payment by Check, Money Order or Credit Card to:
Michigan Toy Soldier & Figure Company, 1400 E. 11 Mile Road, Royal Oak, MI 48067.
CLICK HERE FOR A PRINT AND MAIL ORDER FORM
By Fax: 24 hours a day @ 248.586.9934. Please provide credit card information.
By Phone: Call 248.586.1022 or Toll Free in the USA 1-888-642-4869. You may leave a message during closed hours and we will call back.
By Email: We accept orders by email. Send an email to info@michtoy.com with your order and contact information. We can either call you for your payment information or send a paypal invoice.
We accept PAYPAL our user id is info@michtoy.com

gprokopo11 Feb 2019 10:49 p.m. PST

I've never ordered on line from them but whenever I'm in the Detroit metro area I stop in and in the past few years have found them to friendly and helpful people.

Same, plus they usually have good music or interesting talk playing on the radio when I'm in the store.

Basha Felika12 Feb 2019 1:24 p.m. PST

They seem very active on Facebook

Sorry - only verified members can post on the forums.