Help support TMP

"Taco Bell & "Authentic WWII Grenade"" Topic

13 Posts

All members in good standing are free to post here. Opinions expressed here are solely those of the posters, and have not been cleared with nor are they endorsed by The Miniatures Page.

For more information, see the TMP FAQ.

Back to the WWII Discussion Message Board

Areas of Interest

World War Two on the Land

675 hits since 26 Jan 2019
©1994-2019 Bill Armintrout
Comments or corrections?

Personal logo Editor in Chief Bill The Editor of TMP Fezian26 Jan 2019 5:48 p.m. PST

…The unidentified individual found the item "while magnet fishing in Ocklawaha," after which he "put it in his trunk, and drove to Taco Bell prior to calling 911," the Ocala Police Department said on Twitter…

link

pmwalt26 Jan 2019 6:03 p.m. PST

Sometimes I guess you can't wait for that beef and bean burrito!

goragrad26 Jan 2019 9:15 p.m. PST

As a commenter on that site noted, easy to demil and worth a bit had the man chosen to do so.

Really doubt it needed the bomb squad to deactivate looking at the photo.

Legion 427 Jan 2019 8:02 a.m. PST

Well after enough bean burritos … some become "explosive" in their own right !

coopman27 Jan 2019 6:55 p.m. PST

Well, a man's got to eat.

ScottWashburn Sponsoring Member of TMP28 Jan 2019 4:22 a.m. PST

I and my family were once rousted out of our house into sub-freezing weather when a hand grenade was found in the twin house next door. The owner of the house was a veteran who was in a nursing home. His daughter came by to check on the house and found the grenade. She called the bomb squad. I'm reasonably certain it was inert, but we had to stand out in the cold for an hour while the police took care of it.

Legion 428 Jan 2019 6:44 a.m. PST

Well better to be safe than a statistic … evil grin

This guy could have made a deal with the Taco Bell clerk. "I'll trade you a "genuwine" WWII Hand Grenade for 2 Tacos, a Bean Burritos and a cup of coffee ! "

evil grin

79thPA Supporting Member of TMP28 Jan 2019 10:28 a.m. PST

Most explosions happen after someone leaves Taco Bell.

Legion 429 Jan 2019 8:13 a.m. PST

Bean Burritos could be listed as WMDs …

Gerard Leman29 Jan 2019 12:17 p.m. PST

As a commenter on that site noted, easy to demil and worth a bit had the man chosen to do so.

Really doubt it needed the bomb squad to deactivate looking at the photo.

I never served in a bomb squad, but I'd be nervous about trying to de-mil a rusted piece of ordinance. W.W.I and II ordinance is still killing people now. See: link

Legion 429 Jan 2019 3:33 p.m. PST

Yes, anytime you'd come across any old [or new!] unexploded ordinance, calling LEOs would be the safest move.

Lion in the Stars29 Jan 2019 7:52 p.m. PST

Yup!

"Officer, it looks like it's supposed to blow up, but it hasn't yet. I'm sure as heck not going to poke it with a stick!"

Legion 430 Jan 2019 6:37 a.m. PST

thumbs up

Sorry - only verified members can post on the forums.