Help support TMP

"Seven Years War, and no Prussian in sight!" Topic

8 Posts

All members in good standing are free to post here. Opinions expressed here are solely those of the posters, and have not been cleared with nor are they endorsed by The Miniatures Page.

For more information, see the TMP FAQ.

Back to the SYW Message Board

Back to the 18th Century Battle Reports Message Board

Back to the Wargaming in the United Kingdom Message Board

Back to the Blogs of War Message Board

Areas of Interest

General
18th Century

655 hits since 19 Jan 2019
©1994-2019 Bill Armintrout
Comments or corrections?

Personal logo Herkybird Supporting Member of TMP19 Jan 2019 11:48 a.m. PST

Today, we did another Seven Years War game at our club, the report being on my blog at this link

picture

picture

Enjoy!

Desert Fox19 Jan 2019 12:50 p.m. PST

Looks great?

What are the figures?

Personal logo Herkybird Supporting Member of TMP19 Jan 2019 2:11 p.m. PST

Cheer DF, The figures are mostly 15mm Lancashire games infantry and cavalry – Essex miniatures for the Austrian cuirassiers, my dismounted dragoons and the artillery. The true Austrian infantry are Frei Korps.

von Schwartz19 Jan 2019 7:22 p.m. PST

Herky, what are you using for terrain, that stuff looks really good? I wanna see if I can get some.

Personal logo Herkybird Supporting Member of TMP20 Jan 2019 5:09 a.m. PST

Hi VS, The hills are S&A scenics link
The trees are old ones I got in a model shop, and the cloth is some curtaining material my sister got for me in a shop in Macclesfield (Cheshire, England!)

nugrim20 Jan 2019 8:15 a.m. PST

Both were allies in the SYW but ok

Personal logo Herkybird Supporting Member of TMP20 Jan 2019 11:57 a.m. PST

Indeed nugrim! but it is a 'what if?' situation.
When the empress of Russia (Elizabeth Petrovna) died and was replaced (briefly) by Peter III, who allied himself with Frederick.
He was assassinated after a coup.
If he had reigned longer than 6 months, or the Russian commanders in the west were more actively compliant with his wishes, a battle between these allies may well have occurred.

Wargames are a great forum for pitting different forces against each other. I think it would be unnecessarily limiting to only fight historical battles, with historical protagonists, at least to me!

von Schwartz20 Jan 2019 5:20 p.m. PST

I'll check the link and I'm sure I can find some scenic trees, lots of model railroaders here in Florida. I'm probably out of luck though with the cloth unless your sister is going through Macclesfield soon.
As for nugrims comment, I have had a lot of fun in the past gaming non-historical opponents, i.e. 17th century Poles and ECW Royalists, and your "what if" type of games. It's not written anywhere that we have to have 100% historical accuracy. That's why they are called war "games".

Sorry - only verified members can post on the forums.