Help support TMP

"RedBox- Russian Grenadiers. 1804-1808." Topic

9 Posts

All members in good standing are free to post here. Opinions expressed here are solely those of the posters, and have not been cleared with nor are they endorsed by The Miniatures Page.

For more information, see the TMP FAQ.

Back to the Napoleonic Product Reviews Message Board

Back to the Plastic Figures Message Board

Areas of Interest

General
Fantasy
Napoleonic
Science Fiction

512 hits since 11 Jan 2019
©1994-2019 Bill Armintrout
Comments or corrections?

Pauls Bods11 Jan 2019 8:16 a.m. PST

picture

picture

Marc the plastics fan11 Jan 2019 8:21 a.m. PST

Interesting. I thought they would be the same poses as the infantry, but wth head swaps. Yet I see subtle variations

Marc the plastics fan11 Jan 2019 8:22 a.m. PST

And the quality looks good. Want to see the raw plastic, but very promising

If they are accurate, I will retire my Esci versions

dwight shrute12 Jan 2019 7:49 a.m. PST

they look great , very un red box like .. hopefully more releases ..

Widowson14 Jan 2019 1:31 a.m. PST

I JUST made a unit of these guys by swapping the Italeri heads with HaT bodies. Damn. These guys look a LOT better.

Pauls Bods21 Jan 2019 8:29 a.m. PST

Are they realistic Marc?

picture

Widowson22 Jan 2019 4:00 p.m. PST

I'm not Marc, but I'd say they look realistic for the period in question. It must be noted, however, that very few grenadier regiments wore the miter in this period. I made a list of them, but not at hand.

Major Bloodnok22 Jan 2019 4:51 p.m. PST

The grenadier bns. of the Narva and Old Ingermanland musketeer reg'ts. had them at Austerlitz. Supposedly The Moscow grenadier reg't., and the grenadier bn. of the Valdimir musketeer reg't. were wearing them at Eylau. Now if the Moscow grenadier reg't.'s grenadier bn. was still in mitres does this mean that the two fusilier bns. were still wearing fusilier caps? Would the fusilier bns. of the Pavlov grenadier reg't. be still wearing fusilier caps?

Marc the plastics fan23 Jan 2019 2:00 p.m. PST

Paul. Yep, the packs and straps look better than the old Italeri set. I am looking forward to these

Sorry - only verified members can post on the forums.