Help support TMP

"Tank Riders in 28mm" Topic

14 Posts

All members in good standing are free to post here. Opinions expressed here are solely those of the posters, and have not been cleared with nor are they endorsed by The Miniatures Page.

For more information, see the TMP FAQ.

Back to the WWII Discussion Message Board

Areas of Interest

World War Two on the Land

366 hits since 10 Jan 2019
©1994-2019 Bill Armintrout
Comments or corrections?

Tango01 Supporting Member of TMP10 Jan 2019 8:49 p.m. PST

Rubicon Models presents new tank riders

picture

Main page
rubiconmodels.com

Amicalement
Armand

Thresher0110 Jan 2019 8:58 p.m. PST

Very nice to see.

I would have preferred the German tank riders to be holding their weapons at the ready position, in case they need to fire them.

Same goes for their halftrack crews – would like to see some pointing and aiming/firing their rifles, and MGs.

Eclaireur11 Jan 2019 8:05 a.m. PST

The Russians are the only ones who look ready for action. A tank crew anywhere near the enemy is not going to allow guys on the front of the vehicle, as those Germans and Americans are. There they get in the way of the crew fighting the vehicle effectively,
EC

Fred Cartwright11 Jan 2019 10:01 a.m. PST

The Russians are the only ones who look ready for action.

I think the Germans and Americans are riding on the tank, not tank riders. They would be jumping of the tank before going into action.

Eclaireur11 Jan 2019 10:11 a.m. PST

Fred you would not knowingly go anywhere near the enemy with a grunt sitting astride your main armament!
EC

Tango01 Supporting Member of TMP11 Jan 2019 10:55 a.m. PST

Glad you like them my friend!. (smile)

Amicalement
Armand

surdu2005 Sponsoring Member of TMP11 Jan 2019 12:01 p.m. PST

I like the figures. As has been pointed out, you would dismount before nearing the enemy. This is an expedient. Being anywhere near a tank when it fires will cause overpressure that can stun, incapacitate, or kill you. The pressure wave can also hurt the crew inside the vehicle!

Fred Cartwright11 Jan 2019 1:25 p.m. PST

Fred you would not knowingly go anywhere near the enemy with a grunt sitting astride your main armament!

Exactly. All too relaxed. Looks like a road march not anywhere close to combat.

Lee49411 Jan 2019 4:33 p.m. PST

Tango01 Supporting Member of TMP 11 Jan 2019 10:55 a.m. PST Glad you like them my friend!. (smile)

Good Grief Charlie Brown! Why is this your only comment ever regardless of whether people love, hate or correct your posts???

Why don't you say something original for a change my friend! (smile) (wink) (deleted) … Cheers!

Thresher0111 Jan 2019 7:20 p.m. PST

"As has been pointed out, you would dismount before nearing the enemy".

Actually, not always.

There are accounts of Germans in Normandy riding into battle on Panthers, and I suspect other armor as well, for night-time attacks, to take or recapture small villages and towns. Presumably, they would be more keen to be ready to do battle/protect themselves than the guys casually riding on the tanks, as shown above.

Thresher0112 Jan 2019 10:04 a.m. PST

Note, for all my complaints/suggestions, I'd like to put them into perspective.

At least it is good to see Rubicon producing tank riders in any pose, since many companies haven't.

I suspect many will be used for creating small dioramas, since their figures look quite nice.

I do hope they will consider producing more in the future, especially in more active/alert poses, like those produced for the Soviets.

surdu2005 Sponsoring Member of TMP13 Jan 2019 7:35 a.m. PST

I agree, they are nice figures. I was also thinking many of them would be useful in trucks and for other purposes besides riding tanks.

Tango01 Supporting Member of TMP13 Jan 2019 2:36 p.m. PST

Glad you like them too my friend!.

Amicalement
Armand

Rdfraf Supporting Member of TMP13 Jan 2019 4:00 p.m. PST

I have wanted something like this for a long time. I prefer action or at the ready poses but I'm glad to have these all the same.

Sorry - only verified members can post on the forums.