Help support TMP

"15mm Crimean War Figures and Substitutes " Topic

5 Posts

All members in good standing are free to post here. Opinions expressed here are solely those of the posters, and have not been cleared with nor are they endorsed by The Miniatures Page.

For more information, see the TMP FAQ.

Back to the 19th Century Discussion Message Board

Back to the 19th Century Product Reviews Message Board

Areas of Interest

19th Century

487 hits since 11 Dec 2018
©1994-2019 Bill Armintrout
Comments or corrections?

MiniPigs11 Dec 2018 11:25 a.m. PST

You may or may not know that I am developing a largish 40mm Napoleonic Peninsular War collection. What you may or may not also know is that I wanted a cigar box Napoleonics-like (Or at least Horse and Musket) period in 15mm for snowy days when i just want a quick, simple to set up (and move) game.

Crimean War seemed nice because it's Napoleonic-like without just repeating Napoleonics on a smaller scale.

Although, I have to say both that a Napoleonic sub-genre like Danish/British/Swedish Napoleonic or "Eugene in Italy" was also tempting, as was those Great War 28mm. The problem with that line of figures is their frontage would basically be the same as my 40mm collection and would thus blow the whole "cigar box" concept.

Bear in mind I have never handled any 15mm Crimean War figures and thus dont know if they mix well between the available ranges. Having said that, I am not a stickler and especially in 15mm am open to using other ranges that can pass for Crimean War.

As a disclaimer, I did do several Google TMP searches before I started this new thread. I was curious if any 15mm Crimean Gamers had solutions either readily available or via simple conversion to create the following.

British Rifles Command figures

British mounted field officers for line and Guard

British Command that represent Generals of brigade that aren't specific personalities.

French Grenadier Guard

dBerczerk11 Dec 2018 1:11 p.m. PST

Although released some 30 years ago, the Crimean War range of 15mm figures by Miniature Figurines, Ltd. are still my favorite for this period in this size.

MiniPigs11 Dec 2018 1:24 p.m. PST

I shouldve said 15/18mm.

Anyway, go ahead and recount what it is you like about this range?

Is there a British mtd field officer in that range? Or someone you can do a head swap with?

Dave Jackson Supporting Member of TMP12 Dec 2018 8:22 a.m. PST

If I was doing the Crimea in 15/18mm I'd go for Eureka's range. Lovely.

RudyNelson13 Dec 2018 1:08 p.m. PST

I liked Minifg but liked the 19th century/ battlehonors/ old glory15 too.

Sorry - only verified members can post on the forums.