Help support TMP


"Polish tracked artillery tractor" Topic


1 Post

All members in good standing are free to post here. Opinions expressed here are solely those of the posters, and have not been cleared with nor are they endorsed by The Miniatures Page.

For more information, see the TMP FAQ.


Back to the WWII Discussion Message Board

Back to the Interwar (WWI to WWII) Message Board



Areas of Interest

World War One
World War Two on the Land

331 hits since 27 Nov 2018
©1994-2019 Bill Armintrout
Comments or corrections?

Tango0127 Nov 2018 4:28 p.m. PST

Nice!

"C7P (an abbreviation of Cignik Siedmiotonowy Polski, "7-tonnes Polish Tractor") was a Polish tracked artillery tractor, used by the Polish Army before and during World War II. The tractor was developed by the design bureau of Witold Jakusz of the PZIn company between 1931 and 1934.

In 1931 Poland bought several dozens of British Vickers E tanks and a license to build additional tanks at home. The Polish Army also considered purchase of the then-constructed Dragon Medium Mk IV artillery tractor, based on the Vickers E, but the purchase never happened. As the British tank was considered not suited for service in the Polish climate and needed adaptation, it was decided that a similar Polish tank be built as a modification of the Vickers design. The tank, initially code-named VAU-33, in time became the 7TP. Simultaneously, work started on a new artillery tractor for the Polish Army that was to replace the Citron-Kegresse tractors built in France in the early 1920s. The main advantage of the new model of artillery tractor, dubbed C6P, C6T and finally C7TP was to be its low price, ease of manufacture and durability. For that purpose, the C7P shared many parts with the 7TP light tank, produced simultaneously. In fact the chassis was almost a direct copy of the tank, while the superstructure was partially borrowed from a license-built Saurer bus.

In 1933 the first two prototypes were constructed in the Ursus factory of the PZIn. The C6P had the engine placed in the front and used front wheel drive, while the C6T had the engine placed behind the crew compartment and used rear wheel drive. After a series of tests the C6P was chosen as a better option. In fact the new tractor, later redesignated as C7P, was much superior to its contemporary counterparts, particularly the British Dragon Medium Mk IV and the Soviet T-26T, both in terms of power and additional equipment. The final project included a closed crew compartment and a motor-driven winch…."
From Wiki

https://postimg.cc/nsgzyvJx

XeAhVEFZAKHfscB4UQsAR6BAgEEAE


Main page
link

Amicalement
Armand

Sorry - only verified members can post on the forums.