Help support TMP

"Siege of Augusta 2019" Topic

19 Posts

All members in good standing are free to post here. Opinions expressed here are solely those of the posters, and have not been cleared with nor are they endorsed by The Miniatures Page.

For more information, see the TMP FAQ.

Back to the Conventions and Wargame Shows Message Board

Areas of Interest

General

573 hits since 20 Nov 2018
©1994-2019 Bill Armintrout
Comments or corrections?

MadBob Supporting Member of TMP20 Nov 2018 5:38 a.m. PST

Still a few months out but I'm really excited already. Always an awesome experience. How many from here are planning to attend?

MadBob Supporting Member of TMP20 Nov 2018 5:39 a.m. PST

Still a few months out but I'm really excited already. Always an awesome experience. How many from here are planning to attend?

skedaddle Supporting Member of TMP20 Nov 2018 6:31 a.m. PST

I plan to be there

DinOfBattle220 Nov 2018 8:16 a.m. PST

Is registration open? I think I want to go down the whole weekend this time.

Personal logo Bowman Supporting Member of TMP20 Nov 2018 9:24 a.m. PST

A bit too far for me to drive but it is a beautiful looking venue.

Chuckaroobob20 Nov 2018 9:41 a.m. PST

Not 100% sure, but strongly leaning towards going.

skipper John Supporting Member of TMP20 Nov 2018 10:39 a.m. PST

I may well go. Didn't make it last year. A 2 hour drive…

RudyNelson20 Nov 2018 8:18 p.m. PST

Yep, I just got over 7,000 books from a closed warehouse. I am pricing almost all of them at half price or less.
I have a lot of Bolt Action, Test of Honor, a lot of Wings of Glory, Tanks-WW2, Modern Tanks and much more including dice.
I am looking forward to the show.

Yellow Admiral21 Nov 2018 10:40 a.m. PST

Not a single ACW game on the schedule of a convention called "Siege of Augusta"? Oh, dear. I hope some appear in Dec.

No Lepanto game by D6 Junkie either. grin He's threatened to bring it a couple times, but maybe not this year. S'ok, I need more warning anyway to help supply galleys for a REALLY BIG Lepanto game…

- Ix

Yellow Admiral21 Nov 2018 10:51 a.m. PST

Does anyone know the usual attendance of this convention? I've never been to it.

- Ix

1799Suvorov21 Nov 2018 6:49 p.m. PST

I'll be there, from cold Ohio. Reservations already confirmed!

David
"We are not interested in the possibilities of defeat; they do not exist"
Victoria 1899

RudyNelson22 Nov 2018 3:13 p.m. PST

Siege of Augusta was an American Revolution event.

A well attended regional show. More games will be listed before Christmas.
Not sure about ACW. There have been ACW games in the past.

Star Commander02 Dec 2018 4:09 p.m. PST

We have a crew of 4 coming in from Charlotte. Look forward to this con every year!

RudyNelson07 Dec 2018 7:44 a.m. PST

I just got my Cruel Seas retail display order. I will have these along with all my other Warlord products at 10% off retail. Osprey and Concord will have over 400 books at 50% off.

Looking forward to the show.

RudyNelson25 Dec 2018 8:24 p.m. PST

Are the room blocks open at the hotel?

MadBob Supporting Member of TMP16 Jan 2019 7:48 a.m. PST

Excited about this weekend. Of course the boss is trying to get every bit out of me he can before I take off.
I really just need to hit the powerball or mega millions =)
Looking forward to seeing you folks!

RudyNelson16 Jan 2019 5:35 p.m. PST

Just packed my truck since I got my last order of Modern Tanks. A lot of Osprey and Concord, board games, Bolt Action, Test of honour, Cruel Seas, Plastic Perry and also other companies.
Terrain of all types of laser cut buildings, lots of wings of war and other items.

1799Suvorov16 Jan 2019 6:05 p.m. PST

Car is packed and gassed. Now if the weather in Ohio co operates just a little, Rich and I will be there on Friday.

David
"We are not interested in the possibilities of defeat; they do not exist"
Victoria 1899

kallman22 Jan 2019 6:49 a.m. PST

It was a great convention, perhaps one of the best SOA I have attended. I would like to hear what attendance numbers were as the place seemed packed. In addition to the many games being run there were six tournaments I think going on and as always some nice vendors and just lots of good folks. I helped run a Lion Rampant game and ran my The Men Who Would Be Kings game and everyone seemed to have a great time. I definitely plan to be back next year.

Sorry - only verified members can post on the forums.