Help support TMP

"Netflix Orders Animated World War II Drama Series..." Topic

8 Posts

All members in good standing are free to post here. Opinions expressed here are solely those of the posters, and have not been cleared with nor are they endorsed by The Miniatures Page.

For more information, see the TMP FAQ.

Back to the WWII Media Message Board

Areas of Interest

World War Two on the Land
World War Two at Sea
World War Two in the Air

645 hits since 19 Nov 2018
©1994-2019 Bill Armintrout
Comments or corrections?

Tango01 Supporting Member of TMP19 Nov 2018 8:55 p.m. PST

…. ‘The Liberator'.

"Netflix has ordered the World War II drama series The Liberator, which tells the riveting true story of the bloodiest and most dramatic march to victory of the Second World War. The story follows the battlefield odyssey of maverick U.S. Army officer Felix Sparks and his infantry unit as they fought for over five hundred days to liberate Europe. Based on the book "The Liberator: One World War II Soldier's 500-Day Odyssey" by Alex Kershaw, the series was created by Jeb Stuart (Die Hard, The Fugitive).

The combat drama will follow Sparks and the 157th Infantry Regiment from Oklahoma, a National Guard unit comprised primarily of cowboys, Native Americans and Mexican-Americans from the Invasion of Italy to the liberation of the concentration camp of Dachau. The four-part series will be the first ever produced in Trioscope Enhanced Hybrid Animation, a new patent-pending technology combining state-of-the-art CGI with live-action performance, bringing an unprecedented level of emotion and fidelity to the animated drama experience. Grzegorz Jonkajtys (Sin City, Pan's Labyrinth, The Revenant) developed the Trioscope technology together with School of Humans' L.C. Crowley…."
Main page

link

Amicalement
Armand

skipper John Supporting Member of TMP20 Nov 2018 5:45 a.m. PST

$6.99 USD on kindle… I got one!

Personal logo Flashman14 Supporting Member of TMP20 Nov 2018 7:29 a.m. PST

Looks cool!

Personal logo Andrew Walters Supporting Member of TMP20 Nov 2018 10:04 a.m. PST

Interesting, I look forward to seeing it…

Tango01 Supporting Member of TMP20 Nov 2018 10:59 a.m. PST

Glad you like it boys!. (smile)

Amicalement
Armand

mildbill21 Nov 2018 8:07 a.m. PST

There is a nice museum in Oklahoma city that covers the 45 infantry division (of which the above unit was a part) . The Div insignia was a swastika until about 1940. In the museum is a diorama (15MM?) of each action in which each medal of honor winner of the division is shown.

Tango01 Supporting Member of TMP21 Nov 2018 10:03 a.m. PST

Thanks!.

Amicalement
Armand

Mark 121 Nov 2018 11:36 a.m. PST

There is a nice museum in Oklahoma city that covers the 45 infantry division (of which the above unit was a part) . … In the museum is a diorama (15MM?) of each action in which each medal of honor winner of the division is shown.

For myself, I find dioramas to be quite engaging. A well constructed diorama in 15mm (or 20-28mm for smaller actions), with a bit of text and a map or three as labels / accompaniment, can present an almost immersive portrayal of a particular event. Museums have found over time that dioramas and other 3D presentation formats draw a more active investigation by visitors … they get to "explore" the visual presentation by looking from different angles, and considering questions raised by the details that they notice over time.

It seems to me that this is a very meaningful and appropriate way to commemorate and memorialize a unit's combat history to the local public.

-Mark
(aka: Mk 1)

Sorry - only verified members can post on the forums.