Help support TMP

"Figure availability" Topic

11 Posts

All members in good standing are free to post here. Opinions expressed here are solely those of the posters, and have not been cleared with nor are they endorsed by The Miniatures Page.

For more information, see the TMP FAQ.

Back to the 18th Century Discussion Message Board

Back to the SYW Message Board

Back to the Bolt Action Message Board

Back to the 18th Century Product Reviews Message Board

631 hits since 6 Nov 2018
©1994-2018 Bill Armintrout
Comments or corrections?

von Schwartz06 Nov 2018 5:54 p.m. PST

Has anyone had any contact with 19th Century Miniatures, Battle Honors/Old Glory 15s? I am interested in getting some Old Glory 15mm SYW to see what they look like but after two e-mails, and a third just this evening, I still have not even had a boiler plate courtesy response. If they are so unresponsive what are they like to order from and work with afterwards if there is an issue? They are a US distributor out of Michigan so its not like there is a language problem (unless they're UPers).

lou passejaire06 Nov 2018 5:54 p.m. PST

2 of the 6 Bedford MWD each with different stowage, HMG or MMG and LMG …

picture

picture

and the warlord Ford modified :
inside :

picture

picture

lou passejaire06 Nov 2018 5:56 p.m. PST

Bleeped text another problem …

dragon606 Nov 2018 8:06 p.m. PST

von Schwartz my experience with OK15s is your order is fine but they do not respond to email. I haven't phoned them yet but I expect that is the only way to get a response.

Steamingdave207 Nov 2018 2:29 a.m. PST

Von Schwartz: I have a lot of OG 15mm SYW. The infantry are very good, closer to a 17/18mm figure than some other "15mm", but the cavalry sit on horses that are only a tad bigger than Shetland ponies, so I use Eureka cavalry with my OG infantry.
I am in the UK and, when I wanted some Hanoverian and British grenadiers, (which are usually integrated into the infantry packs) OG were very responsive by email and sorted out 150 figures for me.

historygamer07 Nov 2018 10:24 a.m. PST

Do you mean Old Glory/Blue Moon 15/18s, or Old Glory 15mms? Two different companies (now) and perhaps two different scales.

Minibeady07 Nov 2018 5:34 p.m. PST

He's got to mean strictly Old Glory 15s, not the Old Glory Miniatures/ Old Glory 25s that are run by the Dunaways out of PA. They've always provided the highest levels of customer service and easy contact.

Henry Martini07 Nov 2018 6:03 p.m. PST

I believe the OG15s figures for this period were sculpted by Andy Cooper of Westwind; it certainly looks like his style.

The only complaint I've ever read about the infantry is over-animation, and they are indeed mostly in a quite dynamic attack-march pose but it's never bothered me and isn't really noticeable on the tabletop in completed units.

Detail is plentiful and very well defined, and packs contain enough subtle variants of the advertised pose to create a convincing impression of a unit in action.

My memory of OG15's service (it's been many years since I ordered from them) confirms Steaming Dave's positive experience.

The moulds might be showing their age a bit (some tricornes in the most recent order I received all those years ago had a lump of excess metal under the brim), but on the whole, considering this range's age, the figures were surprisingly crisp. I think the OG15 people are generally on the ball when it comes to mould renewal.

von Schwartz11 Nov 2018 6:32 p.m. PST

Thank you all for your response and opinions. I have had the opportunity to phone them and, yes, they are more responsive by phone. The figures are Old Glory/Blue Moon to answer historygamers query. I have seen some of the photos of both infantry and mounted, unless there has been some changes the mounted don't look too much out of scale with their mounts. But in the event where am I to find a local, USA preferably, distributor for Eureka miniatures? Finally to respond to Henry Martini I like animated figures with slight variances in the poses, and I love highly detailed 15s, like the old FreiKorps.

Henry Martini12 Nov 2018 12:44 p.m. PST

Just to reiterate Von Schwartz, my comments relate to the products of 19th Century Miniatures/Old Glory 15s.

von Schwartz14 Nov 2018 6:21 p.m. PST

After some additional research I noted that there does seem to be significant difference in the scales of horse to rider between Old Glory 15s and Old Glory/Blue Moon. In the product photos online those of Old Glory/Blue Moon seem to be much better proportioned, i.e. the horse is not dwarfed by his mount as they appear to be in the Old Glory 15mms, any ideas or idle theories as to why? Has anyone ever actually bought both and done a comparison? Just color me curious.
And Henry, thanks for the clarification.

Sorry - only verified members can post on the forums.