Help support TMP

"Jovian Wars Venus new Spaceships" Topic

6 Posts

All members in good standing are free to post here. Opinions expressed here are solely those of the posters, and have not been cleared with nor are they endorsed by The Miniatures Page.

For more information, see the TMP FAQ.

Back to the Spaceship Gallery Message Board

Back to the SF Discussion Message Board

445 hits since 1 Nov 2018
©1994-2018 Bill Armintrout
Comments or corrections?

Tango01 Supporting Member of TMP02 Nov 2018 12:07 p.m. PST

Dream Pod 9 presents new spaceships for their upcoming Jovian Wars Venus Kickstarter

picture

picture

picture

picture

picture

picture

picture

Main page
link

Amicalement
Armand

Gear Pilot02 Nov 2018 2:04 p.m. PST

They need to work on the 3D models some more – they don't match the proportions of the original artwork, which looks much better IMO. I am looking forward to the kickstarter though.

Lion in the Stars02 Nov 2018 4:06 p.m. PST

@Gear Pilot: It's just the lighter stuff: the Satrap, Gao-Tzu, Imperator, and Tsar look pretty good to me.

Another part of the problem may be not matching the facings of the sketches with the 3d renders.

Tango01 Supporting Member of TMP03 Nov 2018 11:09 a.m. PST

Glad you like some of them my friend!. (smile)

Amicalement
Armand

Gear Pilot04 Nov 2018 2:32 p.m. PST

Well Lion, the center section on the Satrap looks too short to me between the model and the illustration. The top section on the Imperator looks too short, and the front of the center section looks too thick. The Chieftain is way off.

Lion in the Stars04 Nov 2018 3:15 p.m. PST

Agreed that the center section of the Satrap doesn't look right (too short, IMO), but I think the outer hulls look OK. Compare the lower right pod with the illustration.

OK, I see what you're talking about on the Imperator's top section, it's definitely too short by about a quarter of it's length! And I think the bridge section (or whatever the center hull's forward section is) is just too big, needs to be reduced in size to about 85%.

And yes, the Chieftain is way off, the pods are nowhere near the right shape, and the center hull is too big.

Sorry - only verified members can post on the forums.