Help support TMP

"Great Service from FAA" Topic

8 Posts

All members in good standing are free to post here. Opinions expressed here are solely those of the posters, and have not been cleared with nor are they endorsed by The Miniatures Page.

For more information, see the TMP FAQ.

Back to the Consumer Affairs Message Board

350 hits since 25 Sep 2018
©1994-2018 Bill Armintrout
Comments or corrections?

The Membership System will be closing for maintenance in 5 minutes. Please finish anything that will involve the membership system, including membership changes or posting of messages.

Personal logo Stosstruppen Supporting Member of TMP26 Sep 2018 4:49 a.m. PST

A couple weekends ago I placed an order with FAA for some 20mm to flesh out my early war SS. Heard from them right away at the beginning of the week, answering a question I had. Wrapped up my order and got it to me quickly. Admittedly they have limited stock on hand at the moment, but they responded quickly and shipped my stuff. Glad to see that they are still on track, now to finish up my Greeks and Fallschirmjager.

VCarter Supporting Member of TMP26 Sep 2018 5:44 a.m. PST

That's good news. After Baxter left, the service went downhill. Hopefully, there has been a turnaround. Great selection of figures.

MiniPigs Supporting Member of TMP26 Sep 2018 6:17 a.m. PST

I also sent them an email asking about restocks on missing packs and I havent heard from them. Rather than great customer service, maybe you just got lucky? Or maybe, the service was so bad before, this seems like great service to you?

Personal logo Stosstruppen Supporting Member of TMP26 Sep 2018 8:38 a.m. PST

I ordered some Marines from them several months ago. I don't remember that being a bad experience either. I can only speak for my experiences, not yours….

MiniPigs Supporting Member of TMP26 Sep 2018 9:51 a.m. PST

Oh, dont get me wrong. They may indeed offer excellent service. But just because you actually got your order does this make them "Great Service"?

Why would you need to post this? Isnt it standard to order and get your wares within a decent time frame?

I mean the opposite is also true, Ive ordered from a fair number of makers and never gotten my stuff but I dont often get on the boards and say Beware XYZ Company. If I did, Id be posting all day.

Personal logo Stosstruppen Supporting Member of TMP26 Sep 2018 11:59 a.m. PST

Well I had seen past posts about them not doing good for whatever reason, but nothing recent, so I posted my experience, YMMV, no reason for you to come on here and bust my bXXXs about it. If you don't like them, whatever, I don't care. Just make sure that if you want to be the consumer affairs police you do the same to everyone else that posts stuff about a company. To answer your question, yes, since most mini companies are one man shows, I think that getting my stuff quickly like that is pretty good service….

Personal logo Doctor X Supporting Member of TMP26 Sep 2018 12:19 p.m. PST

Someone showing a show lack of communication skills wonders why they can't get a reply. How odd.

For what its worth the only issues I had ordering from FAA were when Baxter was there.

MiniPigs Supporting Member of TMP26 Sep 2018 1:21 p.m. PST

@Doctor X

Thanks for reinforcing my point. There is an awful lot of unevenness with some merchants in this hobby. You're suggesting FAA answering some requests for business and not others is exactly the way it should be?

Sorry - only verified members can post on the forums.