Help support TMP

"The Last Battle of a German WWII Veteran" Topic

5 Posts

All members in good standing are free to post here. Opinions expressed here are solely those of the posters, and have not been cleared with nor are they endorsed by The Miniatures Page.

For more information, see the TMP FAQ.

Back to the WWII Media Message Board

441 hits since 7 Aug 2018
©1994-2018 Bill Armintrout
Comments or corrections?

Tango01 Supporting Member of TMP07 Aug 2018 9:32 p.m. PST

"Ottoooo..! That scream, that horrible scream, the scream that has echoed and reverberated in his head for the last 71 years. That scream, shrill and terrible, that only he can hear now, as he sits at his dining table in a small house at the end of a quiet, dead-end street, in a quiet living room with a vase of tulips and a gingerbread heart on the shelf, with the words "Opa is Fantastic" written on it with icing.

Ottoooo..!

The scream transports Heinz Otto Fausten back 71 years to a trench in Kalikino, Russia, 2,240 kilometers (1,400 miles) away. The journey takes him a fraction of a second. Suddenly he is 21 again, and caught in a ruthless, violent world where life is about nothing but survival….."
Main page
link

Amicalement
Armand

Personal logo Silurian Supporting Member of TMP08 Aug 2018 8:29 a.m. PST

Fascinating and moving. Thanks.

I hope that biography is translated into English some time.

Tango01 Supporting Member of TMP08 Aug 2018 11:11 a.m. PST

Glad you like it my friend!. (smile)

Amicalement
Armand

wrgmr108 Aug 2018 6:48 p.m. PST

Yes, interesting story. I would love to read the book.
My wife's grandfather was drafted into the Wehrmacht in 1940 into the 281st security division. He was 32 with 2 little girls.
Sent to the Russian front as a cook, he was killed at the battle of Newell outside Veliki Luki October 29, 1942. Sad ending.

Tango01 Supporting Member of TMP09 Aug 2018 11:04 a.m. PST

Glad you enjoyed it too my friend!.

Amicalement
Armand

Sorry - only verified members can post on the forums.