Help support TMP

"Heading to Kaiserslautern" Topic

7 Posts

All members in good standing are free to post here. Opinions expressed here are solely those of the posters, and have not been cleared with nor are they endorsed by The Miniatures Page.

For more information, see the TMP FAQ.

Back to the WWII Discussion Message Board

382 hits since 16 Jul 2018
©1994-2018 Bill Armintrout
Comments or corrections?

Normal Guy16 Jul 2018 1:10 p.m. PST

I'm visiting the Kaiserslautern area in a couple of days; can anybody please provide some things I should see while I am there? Would really appreciate some insights from some boots on the ground. Thanks in advance.

Normal Guy16 Jul 2018 1:10 p.m. PST

I'm visiting the Kaiserslautern area in a couple of days; can anybody please provide some things I should see while I am there? Would really appreciate some insights from some boots on the ground. Thanks in advance.

Razor78 Supporting Member of TMP16 Jul 2018 3:47 p.m. PST

Not alot to see right in K town but Heidelberg and Trier aren't too far and by ave plenty to see

tribunemike16 Jul 2018 5:31 p.m. PST

I was stationed in Kaiserslautern (K-town) for several years. The castle is very nice – located near the military hospital. However Trier, the ancient Roman ruins, is a must.

Normal Guy16 Jul 2018 8:46 p.m. PST

Thanks for the help, folks.

4th Cuirassier17 Jul 2018 1:41 a.m. PST

It's interesting to visit ruined towns in Germany that weren't ruined by the RAF.

TiberiusAugustus17 Jul 2018 8:32 a.m. PST

I live in the area now. Bastogne is about a 2 hour drive. About an hour and a half away is the Maginot line. Saalburg(1 hour drive) has a cool reconstructed Roman fort.

Sorry - only verified members can post on the forums.