Help support TMP

"Anyone owned by cat(s) going to Historicon?" Topic

14 Posts

All members in good standing are free to post here. Opinions expressed here are solely those of the posters, and have not been cleared with nor are they endorsed by The Miniatures Page.

For more information, see the TMP FAQ.

Back to the Conventions and Wargame Shows Message Board

694 hits since 28 Jun 2018
©1994-2018 Bill Armintrout
Comments or corrections?

Personal logo capncarp Supporting Member of TMP29 Jun 2018 7:31 p.m. PST

I have a burgeoning crop of organic free-growing catnip that is in need of a cut-back so it will not interfere with parking and pedestrian traffic past my back yard. If you need some biochemical weaponry to put your cats into La-La-Land while you wargame, let me know--I can bring quite a bit. No pesticides or chemicals have been applied to the 'nip. Can also be used as an herbal tea--it is a form of mint, ya know.
And it's _free_!
All I ask is a head's-up to know how much to bring.

Ceterman Supporting Member of TMP29 Jun 2018 7:48 p.m. PST

Very nice of you to offer! If I was coming I woulda definitely got my kitties hooked up! But alas, we won't be there.

skinkmasterreturns30 Jun 2018 2:41 a.m. PST

My cat has put me on suspension for 90 days. I am only allowed to leave the house for work and the procurement of cat treats. My attending Historic on is therefore impussable.

redbanner414530 Jun 2018 5:30 a.m. PST

I've got 6 cats and I'm coming. Now I just need to know how to hook up with the kitty drug dealer.

Personal logo Extra Crispy Sponsoring Member of TMP30 Jun 2018 6:35 a.m. PST

Step One: Don't announce on an internet forum you're buying drugs.

Rotundo30 Jun 2018 9:00 a.m. PST

I just got my Hannibal clean. He kept holding up liquor stores. No way!

Personal logo capncarp Supporting Member of TMP30 Jun 2018 9:00 a.m. PST

redbanner4145: "I've got 6 cats and I'm coming. Now I just need to know how to hook up with the kitty drug dealer."

That's easy--I'll be the short, round, balding, bearded guy with an obnoxious t-shirt and cargo shorts. ;D

redbanner414530 Jun 2018 11:35 a.m. PST

Let's see about 25% of convention goers will be short,95% round, 50-50 on the balding, whether a t-shirt is obnoxious is in the eye of the beholder and cargo shorts will be universal. You'll be real easy to find.

WeeSparky01 Jul 2018 6:03 p.m. PST

Are you talking cut catnip or uprooted and ready to plant? I am looking to get a patch planted and would be willing to pay for a plastic pot and potting soil.

Grimmnar Supporting Member of TMP01 Jul 2018 6:55 p.m. PST

LOL I got 6 cats.
Spread a small bag of the stuff on a large carpet.
They all set even spaces apart around the carpet enjoying the nip each with their little cartels.
All the drug lords were good till one got s little to close to a border of a neighboring cartel.
Drug war ensued, angers flared and we are now in a drug free zone.

Grimm

ScottWashburn Sponsoring Member of TMP02 Jul 2018 3:41 a.m. PST

Thanks for the offer, but we grow our own :)

Personal logo capncarp Supporting Member of TMP02 Jul 2018 10:03 a.m. PST

WeeSparky: "Are you talking cut catnip or uprooted and ready to plant? I am looking to get a patch planted and would be willing to pay for a plastic pot and potting soil."
I was planning on bringing some fresh cut and some already dried (with lots of seedtops), but I can _try_ to bring a couple of plantings. My Thumb of Botanical Holocaust may interfere with the success of that, however.

Grumble8710602 Jul 2018 10:47 a.m. PST

If Capncarp's Thumb of Botanical Holocaust strikes death to the catnip, you can come to my house in Lancaster and dig yourself some of ours. We don't have cats (of our own), just the plant. And everyone else's cats.

I'll be the tall, bald, beginning-to-round-at the belly guy with a beard. No t-shirt or cargo shorts. NOTE: I will be wearing SOMETHING, though -- never fear! evil grin At the very least I'll wear a battered greenish felt hat with a 1-cm rawhide band. So you won't be able to tell that I'm bald.

Sorry - only verified members can post on the forums.