Help support TMP

"Fall In! 2018" Topic

21 Posts

All members in good standing are free to post here. Opinions expressed here are solely those of the posters, and have not been cleared with nor are they endorsed by The Miniatures Page.

For more information, see the TMP FAQ.

Back to the Conventions and Wargame Shows Message Board

889 hits since 26 Jun 2018
©1994-2018 Bill Armintrout
Comments or corrections?

Poniatowski Supporting Member of TMP26 Jun 2018 4:50 a.m. PST

Just throwing this out there… Fall In! 2018 is right around the corner so to speak. Event submissions will open shortly, as will vendor registration.

I know everyone is gearing up for Historicon 2018…. it will be a great show, but I just wanted to throw this out there….

Personal logo capncarp Supporting Member of TMP26 Jun 2018 9:23 a.m. PST

Thanks, Dan: one tends to get focused on the here-and-now. Keeping us abreast of the long view necessities is very helpful.

Poniatowski Supporting Member of TMP26 Jun 2018 9:41 a.m. PST

Fall In! 2018 dates are up on the web page, please remember that these are subject to change. Check back often!

Poniatowski Supporting Member of TMP26 Jun 2018 11:17 a.m. PST

Also, I wanted to add…. the senior staff/contacts are not updated yet. If anyone has a question, please direct it to me form the Fall In! website.

TSD10126 Jun 2018 4:58 p.m. PST

Won't even be able to start thinking about it until after historicon

Poniatowski Supporting Member of TMP27 Jun 2018 4:25 a.m. PST

I know, but…. I wanted folks to know events will be opening and that they can submit… just like the timing for CW and Hcon.

historygamer27 Jun 2018 4:45 a.m. PST

What's the theme?

TSD10127 Jun 2018 9:15 a.m. PST

I wanted folks to know events will be opening and that they can submit

My group will submit together again, hopefully we can get some tables next to each other like we'll have at Historicon. I want to do something historical, so that leaves Samurai, or finding a 15mm ww2 system that isn't FoW to use my figures with.

Of course, samurai games seem to be very popular (mine sold out awhile ago) so maybe I'll stick with that.

holien27 Jun 2018 9:57 a.m. PST

TSD get into a Fireball Forward game at HCon a great WW2 ruleset and works well with 15mm

Grumble8710628 Jun 2018 9:48 p.m. PST

TSD101, how are your 15 mm WW2 figures based, individually or with more than one figure per stand? That will affect what rules you consider.

TSD10129 Jun 2018 4:29 a.m. PST

TSD101, how are your 15 mm WW2 figures based

Its about 75% Battlefront, 25% PSC and the infantry/gun teams are all based on FoW or PSC bases. Vehicles are unbased.

Personal logo Bowman Supporting Member of TMP29 Jun 2018 6:38 a.m. PST

I can't make Historicon this year frown I am already looking forward to Fall-In and am preparing my game.

Poniatowski Supporting Member of TMP29 Jun 2018 6:46 a.m. PST

Lol… lets move this back toward being about Fall In! 2018.

Theme: Revolutions & Civil Wars and those that start them.

https://www.hmgs.org/page/FIHome?

oldnorthstate29 Jun 2018 5:06 p.m. PST

"Fall In dates are subject to change"???? Since when are the dates still up in the air four months out from the convention? That makes no sense, unless there is a major problem with the Host that none of use peons knows about.

And, shouldn't the wording of the theme be "…and those that fight them" rather than "those that start them"…is the them for the American Revolution limited to Samuel Adams and John Hancock rather then the battles of the revolution?

Grumble8710630 Jun 2018 4:08 p.m. PST

TSD101, how are your 15 mm WW2 figures based
Its about 75% Battlefront, 25% PSC and the infantry/gun teams are all based on FoW or PSC bases. Vehicles are unbased.

Command Decision may be a possibility; each stand = a platoon.

Poniatowski Supporting Member of TMP02 Jul 2018 10:47 a.m. PST

NO.. dates are solid for the show, don't be silly….. Other dates are subject to change… like event submission and other deadlines, etc… you guys already know that, lol!

You can dissect the theme any way you want, or, you can spend more time being happy there is a show and that it will be a great time. Again… you are being tooo literal…

It can be any battles during any revolution, uprising or civil war.

… lol…. and don't even start on civil wars and how that is an oxymoron!

Grumble8710602 Jul 2018 11:32 a.m. PST

Just for fun, follow the Fall-In! link to the theme "Revolutions & Civil Wars and those that start them" and see how many of the people you can name.

And don't be picky about the word "start". grin

https://www.hmgs.org/page/FIHome?

oldnorthstate06 Jul 2018 7:26 p.m. PST

words matter…

Poniatowski Supporting Member of TMP17 Jul 2018 8:14 a.m. PST

With Hcon a very pleasant memory now.. it is time to start thinking about Fall In! 2018….

It will be here before you know it! There are already over 20 vendors in the system and events are rolling in also….

Thank you all.

Regardless of perceptions, etc… Fall In! will only be allowing 1 pre-register game per day… I also want to move back to event info on your main badge if possible…. I saw too may folks who preregistered for 2 games a day and went and got more, basically leaving very little for the day trippers, etc… AND… without the info on their badge.. they could come back and get more games if they liked… well, at least one more game for 3 a day. I heard the same complaint…. too many no shows. BUT.. honestly…. I cannot say whether there was an increase or it as just more noticeable because we were tracking them.

As for cancelations at Hcon.. yes, that information is available post show. We had a lot of legitimate reasons for cancellations, All were unfortunate.

TSD10117 Jul 2018 12:56 p.m. PST

I saw too may folks who preregistered for 2 games a day and went and got more, basically leaving very little for the day trippers, etc… AND… without the info on their badge.. they could come back and get more games if they liked… well, at least one more game for 3 a day. I heard the same complaint…. too many no shows.

We had a guy come by our table and say he and a friend signed up for two different games, and were going to see which one they liked more before committing to one or the other.

This kind of behavior is absolutely reprehensible and should get someone kicked out of the convention.

Ploogak17 Jul 2018 1:03 p.m. PST

Dan, you were in charge of the event desk. If you identified a problem during the show why am I only hearing about it now by reading it on TMP? I look forward to reading your AAR.

Joby

Sorry - only verified members can post on the forums.