Help support TMP

"Photo Review and build of PSC T-55 in 1/100 scale" Topic

9 Posts

All members in good standing are free to post here. Opinions expressed here are solely those of the posters, and have not been cleared with nor are they endorsed by The Miniatures Page.

For more information, see the TMP FAQ.

Back to the Plastic Figures Message Board

Back to the Modern Product Reviews Message Board

Back to the Historical Wargaming Message Board

Back to the Cold War (1946-1989) Message Board

Back to the Blogs of War Message Board

780 hits since 22 Jun 2018
©1994-2018 Bill Armintrout
Comments or corrections?

Anton Ryzbak22 Jun 2018 1:57 p.m. PST

I finally got around to doing a photo review of this excellent kit along with a build of the T-55 variant link

picture

mysteron Supporting Member of TMP25 Jun 2018 6:08 a.m. PST

Looks A Very nice kit. I have just ordered a box to start an Egyption force . Just need to do some research to see whether its a T55 or T55A in need to build.

Part time gamer27 Jun 2018 11:54 p.m. PST

PSC does some great models. An at a platoon per box, ya cant really beat that.
Im 'almost' sorry I started my mid-late WW II US / Ger. armor., 'if' I had known they were going to do early cold war, I might have gone with that.

mysteron Supporting Member of TMP01 Jul 2018 1:37 a.m. PST

Well I got a box of these T55s and a Egyptian/Syrian T54 starter set from Battlefront. Both sets build decent models .I built a T55 and a T55A and a T54. Both makes are mix able as size is comparable. The Battlefront models just edge slightly in front for me as regards crispness and less fiddly to build. The Battlefront models are a dream to build especially if you need many. Both are excellent kits IMO.

Ney Ney01 Jul 2018 11:42 a.m. PST

Nice!!

Anton Ryzbak01 Jul 2018 7:29 p.m. PST

I added side-by-side comparisons with Old Glory and Peter Pig's T-55 models to the blog link

picture

Achtung Minen02 Jul 2018 3:50 a.m. PST

Would love to see it next to a Battlefront Arab-Israeli War or Team Yankee T-55 as well, if you have them!

Anton Ryzbak02 Jul 2018 6:50 a.m. PST

I will try to round some up

mysteron Supporting Member of TMP03 Jul 2018 4:34 a.m. PST

I don't know if anyone has noticed . But if you look closely at the box cover for the new T54 set , the models in the picture are actually T55s and I think the older resin models. One of the spotting differences between the 2 types is the loaders hatch. The T55 being more dome/mushroom shaped where as the T54s is flatter. Also the new plastic models don't have the loaders hatch opened as its moulded onto the turret. The commanders hatch can be modelled opened or closed.

The treads for me are far superior on the Battlefront kit as they are modelled. The PSC have adopted their usual generic looking tread .

Like I said before both are decent kits and can be used IMO side by side

Sorry - only verified members can post on the forums.