Help support TMP

"Historicon, Updated Vendor List" Topic

20 Posts

All members in good standing are free to post here. Opinions expressed here are solely those of the posters, and have not been cleared with nor are they endorsed by The Miniatures Page.

For more information, see the TMP FAQ.

Back to the Conventions and Wargame Shows Message Board

833 hits since 20 Jun 2018
©1994-2018 Bill Armintrout
Comments or corrections?

vagamer63 Supporting Member of TMP20 Jun 2018 12:12 p.m. PST

For those who are feverishly registering for Historicon at the last minute now that the web site is back up and running. Be sure to check out the Updated Vendors List to see if your favorite vendor will be there for your shopping pleasure.

Due to space limitations resulting from the on-going renovations several long time Historicon Vendors didn't make the cut-off. So if you're looking for a particular vendor, but don't see them listed now you know why!

So enjoy the walk and pray it doesn't rain! Happy gaming!

Schogun20 Jun 2018 1:38 p.m. PST

I'm seeing a list dated April 18:
link

Nothing updated unless there's a different list somewhere?

robert piepenbrink Supporting Member of TMP20 Jun 2018 2:28 p.m. PST

Schogun, the map shows dealers on the mezzanine who weren't there last week. Still no joy for those of us who play in small scales, of course. And lately I've found you can't count on the 28mm plastic kits either. OH, well.

Still, more dealers than there were two weeks ago. I might get lucky.

BW195920 Jun 2018 2:40 p.m. PST

I see GHQ will be there, they have some nice 10mm ACW and Naps

TheKing30 Supporting Member of TMP20 Jun 2018 6:04 p.m. PST

Wait – Footsore isn't there. Warlord Games isn't there. Bummer

Dave Jackson Supporting Member of TMP21 Jun 2018 5:30 a.m. PST

Mine now shows a list dated 20 June

Dave Jackson Supporting Member of TMP21 Jun 2018 5:32 a.m. PST

Well….funny…GHQ is on the map, but not on the dealers' list…..

WarWizard21 Jun 2018 6:03 a.m. PST

I always thought vendors should update there websites to let their customers know what events they will be attending each year.

jefritrout21 Jun 2018 9:21 a.m. PST

Footsore indicated that he will not be attending any shows except Adepticion from now on.

Wee Wolf teamed up with Warlord Games last convention. I'm guessing that they will be doing that again.

TheKing30 Supporting Member of TMP21 Jun 2018 2:37 p.m. PST

Footsore indicated that he will not be attending any shows except Adepticion from now on.

Oh that sucks. Bill was a good guy to talk with and buy from.

Wee Wolf teamed up with Warlord Games last convention. I'm guessing that they will be doing that again.

I hope you're right. I enjoy buying from Warlord Games.

Personal logo Bowman Supporting Member of TMP21 Jun 2018 3:27 p.m. PST

That's perplexing. You mean he sells more historical miniatures at Adepticon than conventions that are mainly historically based?

TheKing30 Supporting Member of TMP21 Jun 2018 5:08 p.m. PST

I was hoping Footsore would have some of their new Samurai at Historicon. Oh well.

As for Adpeticon, I'm wondering if he's geographically close to that convention?

The Wargaming Company22 Jun 2018 8:05 a.m. PST

That's perplexing. You mean he sells more historical miniatures at Adepticon than conventions that are mainly historically based?

That is completely plausible. This was our first year attending AdeptiCon, the appetite for historicals was… strikingly high.

-TWC
thewargamingcompany.com

Wackmole9 Supporting Member of TMP22 Jun 2018 4:30 p.m. PST

My Guess at the Numbers on attendance for both cons

( 1 have been to both cons for the last 3 years)

Historicon 1,000-2,000 maybe

Adepticon 3,000-5,000

Personal logo Bowman Supporting Member of TMP22 Jun 2018 8:27 p.m. PST

Perhaps the fantasy and sci-fi gamers are closeted historical gamers after all?

This was our first year attending AdeptiCon, the appetite for historicals was… strikingly high.

But not enough to cause you to forsake the HMGS conventions, I assume?

As for Adpeticon, I'm wondering if he's geographically close to that convention?

About an equal drive from Wooster either way. Sounds more like a financial concern. They concentrate on Dark Age figures, an era I enjoy. But maybe it's not as popular as I imagine and this is why they moved into Samurai figures.

Anyways, only Footsore knows for sure.wink

TheKing30 Supporting Member of TMP23 Jun 2018 6:48 a.m. PST

They concentrate on Dark Age figures, an era I enjoy. But maybe it's not as popular as I imagine and this is why they moved into Samurai figures.

He also has a range of "Interwar British" (between WW1 and WW2) that's very popular.

Anyways, only Footsore knows for sure.

You hit that right on the head.

TheKing30 Supporting Member of TMP23 Jun 2018 6:52 a.m. PST

So enjoy the walk and pray it doesn't rain!

Hey VaGamer – meant to respond to this earlier. I've never met a gamer that wouldn't benefit from a good daily walk!! Hehehehe

Grumble8710623 Jun 2018 2:06 p.m. PST

Glad to see that Army Group Center Wargaming will have all the new 1/72 Strelets releases! WW1 desert stuff – lots of camels.

Maybe I shouldn't say anything, because I'll be working when the Vendor Area opens on Thursday and won't be first in line. evil grin

jtkimmel24 Jun 2018 10:43 a.m. PST

TheKing30, Your Hobby Place usually has a lot of Warlord Games products. I would suggest visiting their booth at Historicon for the Samurai line.

TheKing30 Supporting Member of TMP24 Jun 2018 3:54 p.m. PST

Good idea jtkimmel – thank you.

Sorry - only verified members can post on the forums.