Help support TMP

"HMGS / Historicon website down ?" Topic

6 Posts

All members in good standing are free to post here. Opinions expressed here are solely those of the posters, and have not been cleared with nor are they endorsed by The Miniatures Page.

For more information, see the TMP FAQ.

Back to the Conventions and Wargame Shows Message Board

289 hits since 19 Jun 2018
©1994-2018 Bill Armintrout
Comments or corrections?

JAFD2619 Jun 2018 7:14 a.m. PST

Salutations !

Since last evening – about 8 Eastorn Daylight Time – I've been unable to reach the HMGS / Historicon websites. Keep getting the message "502 Bad Gateway nginx/1.13.10" and from there

"Server Error in '/' Application.
Runtime Error
Description: An application error occurred on the server. The current custom error settings for this application prevent the details of the application error from being viewed remotely (for security reasons). It could, however, be viewed by browsers running on the local server machine.

Details: To enable the details of this specific error message to be viewable on remote machines, please create a <customErrors> tag within a "web.config" configuration file located in the root directory of the current web application. This <customErrors> tag should then have its "mode" attribute set to "Off".

<!-- Web.Config Configuration File -->

<configuration>
<system.web>
<customErrors mode="Off"/>
</system.web>
</configuration>

Notes: The current error page you are seeing can be replaced by a custom error page by modifying the "defaultRedirect" attribute of the application's <customErrors> configuration tag to point to a custom error page URL.

<!-- Web.Config Configuration File -->

<configuration>
<system.web>
<customErrors mode="RemoteOnly" defaultRedirect="mycustompage.htm"/>
</system.web>
</configuration>"

Has anyone else been having this problem ?

Really want to get my H'con prereg in before the deadline.

Thanks, very much

Winston Smith Supporting Member of TMP19 Jun 2018 7:37 a.m. PST

I was trying to get on to register last night. I couldn't get on either.

I called a friend who lives 30 miles away and he couldn't either.

Brian9819 Jun 2018 8:14 a.m. PST

It's not just HMGS. We have been getting notifications throughout the night that its a much larger server issue and HMGS is just one entity that is being affected. Latest estimates are for restoration in the next few hours, but that might be optimistic. Hope this helps,
John Spiess
Treasurer
HMGS, Inc.

Personal logo capncarp Supporting Member of TMP19 Jun 2018 8:56 a.m. PST

John, ISTR the deadline for pre-reg was currently June 29? Or did I misread that?
BTW, the site is still showing the "We're working to restore services" screen when one tries to navigate there.

JAFD2619 Jun 2018 9:44 a.m. PST

Salutations, CapnCarp, and other gentlefolk !

OK, 'postcards' I picked up, one at Cold Wars, one at NJ Con, both say '06.20.18 – attendee registration closes'

However, at 12:43 PM EDT, site seems to be back up. Hurrah!

JAFD2619 Jun 2018 9:47 a.m. PST

Salutations, again !

Web site says 'Online Registration is now OPEN!
Closes: June 27, 2018
Will Call Registration (Onsite Prices) Open: June 28, 2018'

See you in Lancaster ! Have good safe trip, and a glorious Fourth and/or Canada Day in the meantime.

Sorry - only verified members can post on the forums.