Help support TMP

"Solo Sudan Game" Topic

7 Posts

All members in good standing are free to post here. Opinions expressed here are solely those of the posters, and have not been cleared with nor are they endorsed by The Miniatures Page.

For more information, see the TMP FAQ.

Back to the 19th Century Battle Reports Message Board

Back to the Victorian Colonial Board Message Board

753 hits since 15 May 2018
©1994-2018 Bill Armintrout
Comments or corrections?

Ragbones Supporting Member of TMP16 May 2018 5:21 p.m. PST

I haven't been able to run a game for my friends in a while so I thought it'd be a good idea to refresh my aging memory on the rule sets I'd like to use soon. First up is David Bickley's, ‘A Good Dusting,' which we've always enjoyed. The rules are straightforward and have a pleasing old school feel to them. They're easily tweaked to accommodate personal tastes. The scenario is based on one I found in, ‘TSATF Scenario Portfolio 2016,' published by Sergeants 3. A British force consisting of three battalions of Regulars, a unit of Bluejackets (with one in reserve) and supporting artillery will attempt to relieve and bring away a garrison of Egyptian troops besieged by Osman Digna. Think Tokar or Sinkat. Anywho, here's the plucky Egyptian garrison awaiting relief:

link

And here's the British relief force debarking:

link

The British throw one unit and a Gardiner gun out to cover the right of the advance. Friendly Arab scouts reconnoiter rough ground, seeking possible ambush sites.

link

Two groups of Beja tribesmen appear on the British left, one near the Egyptian held town. First blood goes to the Egyptian garrison as they score two hits on one unit of Beja trying to skirt the town. The Egyptian riflemen scored 8 hits out of 9 throws but we're only able to convert 2 to kills (per the rules). Still, darn good shooting.

link

Most of the British figures are from Peter Pig as is one of the gunboats. The other gunboat is from Old Glory Shipyards. Both are wonderful little models. The unit of Beja that received casualties is comprised of Gallia Miniatures (sold by Warrior Miniatures). The second unit of Beja are Peter Pig. The buildings are all from the older, resin line formerly sold by Crescent Root Studios. The stands of vegetation along the shoreline are from Battlefield in a Box. The palm trees are from various convention flea market buys.

pzivh43 Supporting Member of TMP16 May 2018 6:07 p.m. PST

When can we play. I recognize some of those figures and buildings!!

Mike

Ragbones Supporting Member of TMP16 May 2018 6:17 p.m. PST

You should. They used to be yours! grin I'm hoping to run a game at Mike's soon. You in?

Hal Thinglum Supporting Member of TMP17 May 2018 3:38 a.m. PST

Wonderful collection and photos. Inspiring indeed. I remember having many of the Gallia figures. Neat stuff. Would love to see more from you.

Ragbones Supporting Member of TMP17 May 2018 9:10 a.m. PST

Thanks, Hal.

takeda33319 May 2018 5:25 a.m. PST

Great table and minis!

Maxshadow16 Jun 2018 9:52 p.m. PST

What an excellent looking game!

Sorry - only verified members can post on the forums.