Help support TMP

"Bargain!" Topic

6 Posts

All members in good standing are free to post here. Opinions expressed here are solely those of the posters, and have not been cleared with nor are they endorsed by The Miniatures Page.

For more information, see the TMP FAQ.

Back to the Terrain and Scenics Message Board

692 hits since 30 Apr 2018
©1994-2018 Bill Armintrout
Comments or corrections?

Personal logo ochoin Supporting Member of TMP30 Apr 2018 2:20 p.m. PST

I attended Briscon on Saturday & even bravely entered the rugby scrum they laughingly called the Bring & Buy.

Amidst mountains of fantasy stuff, I spied a packet containing 3 scratch built barbed wire tanglements for only $3. USD Bargain!

I had a closer look on Sunday. They were a bit dire. The bases were some horrible, warped thin plastic, the poles not really high enough & the wire rather awfully twisted. So I set to, pulling the wire off & neatly winding it, rebuilt the poles using bamboo skewers, cut out some MDF bases which were bevelled, gritted, undercoated & then 3 colour flocked after I'd hot glued the poles on & re-strung the wire. Really only 3-4 hours work.

They look great. If I was to re-sell, I'd get at least $6 USD for them. Bargain!

Personal logo 20thmaine Supporting Member of TMP30 Apr 2018 3:21 p.m. PST

Lol!

thumbs up

There's a moral hidden somewhere in that story!

Tommy2030 Apr 2018 4:28 p.m. PST

So, in other words, you bought some inspiration to scratch build some barbed wire bases.

Personal logo ochoin Supporting Member of TMP30 Apr 2018 7:34 p.m. PST

you bought some inspiration to scratch build some barbed wire bases.

Yes….but it was a bargain!

79thPA Supporting Member of TMP01 May 2018 5:30 p.m. PST

You won't believe it. Some guy bought those broken barbed wire pieces I was going to throw out!

Personal logo ochoin Supporting Member of TMP01 May 2018 9:46 p.m. PST

Ha!

Sorry - only verified members can post on the forums.